What's new

Keurig, kcups, .etc

I've recently been turned on to the French press style of coffee making and am hooked but you can't beat the ease of a
K cup brewer.
My favorites are:
Archer Farms Kona blend
Caribou Mahogany
Caribou breakfast blend
Hurricane N'r Easter
Hurricane Coconut fudge
Milstone Foglifter
Tim Hortons
Dunkin donuts

I talked my wife down from the Kurieg ledge last christmas. I'm happy to not be tied into those little evil machines. Grind fresh and pour over is usually the way we go. I have 2 sizes of pour over filter holders for making a larger pot, or just a single serving.

I'm just afraid one day they will switch to a twin cup system that will render the current single cup design obsolete, then a tri-cup, five-cup...then one with turbo:lol:

too late, the keurig 2.0 is up to 6 cups now

http://www.keurig.com/content/keurig2#k20

d'oh!

$EtmEaVc.jpg

We have one...I have a solo-cup thing to use fresh ground coffee...

But its NO comparison to peets major dickason in the french press. Not even remotely close! But its fast...too much waste for me though

My wife and I have used Keurigs for several years now. Since it is just the two of us at home and she drinks decaf while I drink regular, it's a very practical choice for us. Especially since we typically drink only one cup at a time.

My wife works at a department store. When the k-cups go on sale, she takes advantage of her employee discount and buys 10 boxes or so. It ends up costing us maybe 30 cents a cup.

I keep one at work too. Even if I paid full price, it would still be a lot cheaper than what my cafeteria sells crappy lukewarm coffee for.

I have found that for any given coffee type, there is one brew size that works best with that type.

My wife loves the Donut House which is similar to the Donut Shop, but I hate it. It taste like poo to me. I had to try several before I found the ones I like and the ones I hate. Again the expire date is simply for SQF certification and is conservative date, and also because it's a consumable the FDA requires it to prevent the consumer from getting bad stuff.
Only baby formula is required to have an expiration date.

I see a few keurigs in waiting areas at the lube and mechanic shops. I think its a good idea there where people want fresh coffee on demand so you dont have a pot sitting all day getting burnt, and its easier to keep clean, the consumer just has to add cold water and a pod.
For my house it wont work because I typically drink a 8 to 12 cup coffee pot a day (or more) and like I told my wife, even if I dump half the pot out I still come out ahead.

My wife and I have used Keurigs for several years now. Since it is just the two of us at home and she drinks decaf while I drink regular, it's a very practical choice for us. Especially since we typically drink only one cup at a time.

My wife works at a department store. When the k-cups go on sale, she takes advantage of her employee discount and buys 10 boxes or so. It ends up costing us maybe 30 cents a cup.

I keep one at work too. Even if I paid full price, it would still be a lot cheaper than what my cafeteria sells crappy lukewarm coffee for.

I have found that for any given coffee type, there is one brew size that works best with that type.

Same here. I do hope they can improve on the waste/recycling of the K-cups, but the Keurig works very well for us. We've owned them for years and Keurig probably owes us commission for all the units we've convinced friends and family to buy.

I tried the Peet's Major D something blend recently - I like it.

One of the strongest, deep roast coffee's I've had from a K-cup. I promote it through the workplace and people that have tried it generally are caught off guard by the strong coffee taste. Haven't heard a complaint yet.

I'm not a coffee drinker but my wife is...an absolute coffee freak.

She's tried just about every Keurig flavour there is, and her prefered choice is the Loblaws President Choice "Great Canadian", and even more their "West coast dark roast". Both of these are available on 40 packs for 20$

She loved the first one but still fancied other types, but when they started the Dark roast and I got her a pack for her to try, she's barely touching anything else.

Can anyone compare the Keurig to the Nespresso?

I ordered the newest Nespresso Virtuo line machine for the office and THEY HATED IT. I mean, I had to send the thing back to nespresso. I like the original line nespresso, but am disappointed at the backlash by the new machine.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I found some expired Donut House Coconut Mocha on the shelf at work. Took it to the break room. It's not bad at all. I've been drinking it every morning this week.

Anyone use the refillable kcups? The kind you put your own coffee in? This is the only way I'd find it financially feasible.

Can anyone compare the Keurig to the Nespresso?

I ordered the newest Nespresso Virtuo line machine for the office and THEY HATED IT. I mean, I had to send the thing back to nespresso. I like the original line nespresso, but am disappointed at the backlash by the new machine.

Isn't that like comparing VHS to Beta, or BlueRay to HD-DVD, where a format battle happens and there is but one winner?

I had compared the various types before I bough my wife's Keurig machine and between many factors, the Keurig was easily going to be the "winner".

I've been using Eight O'clock Coffee's Dark Italian Roast K-Cups for a while and have been pleased with the results.

Can you use a single K-cup twice? For a travel mug I typically will set it at one under the highest and then redo it at the lowest to fill the mug? My dad will use one and then use it again later in the day. Thanks.

Top Bottom