What's new

what is j-hooking and buffing ?

I posted a thread about shaving ATG shaving and some one refered to buffing and j-hooking and i have no idea what they are.

They are techniques. We may use some light hearted banter, but they are still valid techniques. They may work great for some, not at all for others, but if it's a technique someone is looking to try, we are here to give info on them, not bad mouth those who may have developed them or who use/recommend them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found these tips and "this guy" to be very helpful, and I for one appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If you are buffing you are trying to get the last remnants of whisker, so I buff ATG or XTG.

I created my own technique that I don't have a name for. It's kinda like a J-hook, but not really. As I have this patch on my neck that grows in a circle pattern, I hold my razor by the end and give it a kinda twist so that it does a spinorama, hey! I think I just named it. It's a spinorama. And Yes, It's now illegal in the shootout.

J hooking is super helpful for parts of my face. I occasionally do a little buffing too. I have not had good luck with the Gillette slide, unless you consider massive arterial bleeders good luck.

J hooking is super helpful for parts of my face. I occasionally do a little buffing too. I have not had good luck with the Gillette slide, unless you consider massive arterial bleeders good luck.

:lol:

For me J-hooking is great--I stopped doing an ATG pass and started doing a touch-up pass with J-hooking instead. Much less irritation on the neck. Blade buffing, not so much.

Top Bottom