What's new

Weirdest fragrances

I am kind of a weirdo so please recommend me the weirdest fragrances on the market, hate-it-or-love-it products that could be considered the Veg or the Arko of fragrances.

I'd say Stirling's Texas on Fire is maybe not weird but very different from any soap scent I've smelled. It's the only soap my wife DEFINITELY doesn't enjoy smelling on my face.

Well thanks for the recommendation but I was asking more about EdC, EdT and so on [emoji40]

I have recently been enjoying a number of oud oils and attars that are very very different from "normal" EdC/Ts. You might look into Agar Aura or Ensar Oud's offerings, if you're feeling truly adventurous.

You may want to look into the fragrances being put out by Imaginary Authors.
I love the aesthetics, will check that!

Caron?

I have recently been enjoying a number of oud oils and attars that are very very different from "normal" EdC/Ts. You might look into Agar Aura or Ensar Oud's offerings, if you're feeling truly adventurous.
Is it like Arabic perfume oils? (non-alcoholic fragrance, because of religious issues)

Ogallala Bay Rum Double strength- Bay leave, clove, orange, ginger, and wintergreen. For me, the ginger and wintergreen really set this cologne apart from other bay rum offerings, its spicy and sweet. Also, Tabac EdT is pretty weird but good.

Yatagan is probably weird to people whose only exposure to fragrances is at their local Macey's :001_tt2:

You want weird?

Secretions Magnifiques (disgusting, actually.)

Beat that, peeps.

I really don't understand this trend is some niche brands to replicate literal smells...

Whomever can come up with the most disgusting is like a badge of honour...

High perfumery is abstract.

I thought fragrances were supposed to be beautiful; add something to the wearer's aura.

Even classic fragrances that are complex or "challenging" are still beautiful in their own way.

Smelling like earthworms or fish isn't.

Well, by weird I do not necessarily mean repugnant or smelly otherwise I would just spend a few days not bathing to have a nice natural fragrance :laugh: I was more thinking of controversial or peculiar fragrances yet still wearable (assuming you are in the love side, not a hater).

Nonetheless there are some promising suggestions provided among your replies, I will check that carefully!

Feel free to post more!

Well, by weird I do not necessarily mean repugnant or smelly otherwise I would just spend a few days not bathing to have a nice natural fragrance :laugh: I was more thinking of controversial or peculiar fragrances yet still wearable (assuming you are in the love side, not a hater).

Nonetheless there are some promising suggestions provided among your replies, I will check that carefully!

Feel free to post more!

http://doublebasenotes.blogspot.ca/2005/05/vulgar-men-by-luca-turin.html

Well then Kouros, Yatagan and Jicky all fall under the category of "interesting". In fact, if you are used to mainstream dep. store frags, almost all the classics will be interesting to your nose along with many of the new(is) niche lines.

P.S. I tend to agree with Mr. Turin in the above article. With that said, be true to yourself when it comes to your choice(s). A fragrance should fit you like a pair of well-worn leather gloves.

Encre Noire is pretty "out there", and that, along with Fahrenheit, has a definite solid unity in its execution. Both are strange, but actually perform as colognes rather than just saying: "LOOK AT US, WE MADE CRAYON COLOGNE TEE HEE"

Another weird one would be Burning Barbershop (smells like it sounds), Nomad, by Odin, and......well, just go to Luckyscent and spend an hour or two browsing.

Top Bottom