What's new

Best smelling soap you've ever used?

+1 on the Truefitt & Hill 1805! Can anyone describe the scent of Stirling (I believe that's who) Ozark Mountain? Been curious about this one..

Haslinger Schafmilch

Really?

I just used it this morning for the second time ever. Made a beautiful, luxurious lather; the only disappointing thing to me was the scent. Booooorrrrriiiinnnggggg! Smells vaguely sweet. Soapy. Not much else. Within a minute of putting the lather on the face, the scent is all but imperceptible.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the soap smells bad in any way, but it really surprises me that anybody would pick this as the best-smelling soap they've tried.

Caties bubbles lpv
Simpson vanilla and rose
Caties bubbles pommes a foure
Cella
Proraso green

Listed from best to really good.

Really?

I just used it this morning for the second time ever. Made a beautiful, luxurious lather; the only disappointing thing to me was the scent. Booooorrrrriiiinnnggggg! Smells vaguely sweet. Soapy. Not much else. Within a minute of putting the lather on the face, the scent is all but imperceptible.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the soap smells bad in any way, but it really surprises me that anybody would pick this as the best-smelling soap they've tried.

Yeah, I realize it's not the strongest scent, so it's definitely a YMMV situation. But I prefer lightly scented relatively clean smelling soaps, and so far, Haslinger has been my favorite. That's not to say there aren't stronger, more robust scents that I enjoy. But if I had to pick the best for me to use every day, that would be my choice.

At the moment I should flip a coin and decide between RazoRock XXX and Catie's Bubbles LPV. I really love the sublime scent (and performance) on both.
My thoughts exactly!!!
I'd add CaD 2.0 and MdC Fougere as well..

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Right now I'm thinking... D.R. Harris Windsor is probably my favorite when I really think about it. I need to get some more sometime.

As of right now Catie's Bubbles LPV, and Cold River Soap Works Fall limited edition in second place. I get kind of a "wood" smell from each of them with definite differences from there.

Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica.

$P1020788.jpg

Top Bottom