What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

7/8 Wade and Butcher American Razor wedge with smile and eagle etching and mokume gane scales by HeesPharm that I got in a recent trade.
I'd been avoiding wedges for a while, as I was unsure as to how I'd feel about them compared to my full hollows. This morning it effortlessly ploughed through three days of growth, leaving me with a DFS after two passes.
View attachment 496031

Thats a beauty Sir! Love me some eagle razors.

7/8 Wade and Butcher American Razor wedge with smile and eagle etching and mokume gane scales by HeesPharm that I got in a recent trade.
I'd been avoiding wedges for a while, as I was unsure as to how I'd feel about them compared to my full hollows. This morning it effortlessly ploughed through three days of growth, leaving me with a DFS after two passes.
View attachment 496031

UHH 3 days of growth? Soldier, you should be shaving every day :)

Hahaha, I somehow doubt it. I think I've found my my new Monday morning razor. This thing eats through a couple of days worth of stubble like it's not even there.
Besides, my other favourite razor is a W&B 7/8 full hollow. ;)

My thanks to Noah for this Taylor Eyewitness 6/8.
my first Sheffield steel.
proxy.php

Plus, I just picked this one up locally
for 20 bucks.
proxy.php

Looking good :)

Legion

Staff member
Nothing too exotic, but I found a Bengall and a Gotta in the wild. They had some more expensive, fancier razors, but I took these home as I reckon these brands are two of the best shavers you can get.

proxy.php

Both around 9/16 (by eyeball): A tornblom faux frame back in ivory in need of a little TLC and a wostenholm ixl wedge in the ugliest scales ever, in need of a complete overhaul

Also recently got a 6/8 Wade and butcher wedge with barber notch, an ern crown and sword with unfortunately warped scales, and another but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head

Attachments

• $IMG_20140927_191423062.jpg
    $IMG_20140927_191423062.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 280
proxy.php

The listing said NOS, although for obvious reasons I have my doubts about that. Still, I'm excited to hone and shave with it. This will probably be the last shaving purchase I make for a long time other than the occasional trade.

Top Bottom