What's new

Bible Verses that impact YOU

Matthew 6:19
19“Don’t collect for yourselves treasuresac on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.ad 20But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven,ae where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This is a very good one.

One of my favorites is Hebrews 10:19-23

19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28 NKJV)

Taking a break from finalizing my sermon for tomorrow and found this thread. What an encouragement.
That said, my favorite passage is Jeremiah 29:11-13
"11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Taking a break from finalizing my sermon for tomorrow and found this thread. What an encouragement.
That said, my favorite passage is Jeremiah 29:11-13
"11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Amen!

Matthew 11:28:

Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

At one of the more difficult times of my life I found that passage and by doing that I changed my life.

I was talking with my wife and shared this thread with her. She was blessed to hear all the Scripture verses. She had one stick out to her today and she shared it on Facebook, so I took a screenshot of the verse and her comment on it and am sharing with you all with her permission.

Attachments

• $wp_ss_20140830_0001.png
    $wp_ss_20140830_0001.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 120
Jeremiah 33:3

3 ‘Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.’

A looong time ago, a wise person gave me this verse titled "Gods phone number".

The salvation message of the "Romans Road".

Romans 3:10-12 and 23:
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23:
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9-10, and 13:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Romans 5:1:
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:1:
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Romans 8:38-39:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I want to thank each one of you for sharing these wonderful scriptures. Although there are many verses that have been of incredible benefit and encouragement to me, this thread asks us to share scripture that impacts us. The following passage challenges me to constantly check my motives and whether I am pursuing a religion or pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ. These two are NOT synonymous!

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (.Matthew‬ .7‬:.21-23‬ NKJV)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (.Matthew‬ .7‬:.21-23‬ NKJV)

This has to be one of the most sobering passages in the Bible.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The salvation message of the "Romans Road".

Romans 3:10-12 and 23:
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23:
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9-10, and 13:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Romans 5:1:
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:1:
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Romans 8:38-39:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

+1 "The" plan of salvation.

Good point.
Not sure how long a "post your favourite Qur'an verse" thread would last.
All members should be viewed equally & without prejudice. This is just asking for trouble.

John 15 1-17
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. 2 He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and everyone that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. 3 You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. 4 Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. 8 By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. 9 As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.
11 “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. 12 This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. 13 No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. 16 It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. 17 This I command you: love one another.

These are great.

I like Philipians 4:13, specially when i'm lifting weights. Or if i'm having to deal with a tough time in my life.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"

Nice one MrLara

We have this on the back of our family team training hoodies :thumbup1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I hate to be a pill, but I find this entire thread inappropriate. What about people who happen not to believe? What about people whose beliefs are not codified in the Bible?

I just don't want some guy on B&B coming up to me and asking "Are you saved, brother?" and then being shunned when I say nope.

One of the great pleasures of B&B is the consideration of all its users, which can only suffer when politics and religion are allowed into the mix. I hope the mods know this.

Respectfully,

Robert Barrett
"Vespasian"

Good point.
Not sure how long a "post your favourite Qur'an verse" thread would last.
All members should be viewed equally & without prejudice. This is just asking for trouble.

B&B is a discussion forum.
There are threads here about firearms, people opposed to firearms are encouraged to stay away from those threads.
There are threads about tobacco, people opposed to tobacco are encouraged to stay away from those threads.
There are threads about alcohol, people opposed to alcohol are encouraged to stay away from those threads.

There are certain threads which may not interest certain individuals. Those individuals are free not to click on the thread and read it.
Politics and religion can be a very polarizing subject, but can be discussed as long as it's done in a non-inflammatory manner.

The difficulty lies in keeping it that way, and keeping it that way involves not posting in threads which you know raise your own hackles.

B&B is a discussion forum.
There are threads here about firearms, people opposed to firearms are encouraged to stay away from those threads.
There are threads about tobacco, people opposed to tobacco are encouraged to stay away from those threads.
There are threads about alcohol, people opposed to alcohol are encouraged to stay away from those threads.

There are certain threads which may not interest certain individuals. Those individuals are free not to click on the thread and read it.
Politics and religion can be a very polarizing subject, but can be discussed as long as it's done in a non-inflammatory manner.

The difficulty lies in keeping it that way, and keeping it that way involves not posting in threads which you know raise your own hackles.

+1. Well said, Phil.

The key word is inflammatory posts.

Top Bottom