What's new

MMOC with no blade stops

I was told they could possibly be soldered. Then, with small files, shaped back. I will try this, rather than just give up, and chuck them into the trash. All I need to do is find someone with a solder gun, small files, and some brass solder. Doesn't sound too difficult.

I see the pic, but still don't get how they end up like that. I have about a dozen of them, and know how they work. There's no way for the blade to move or to be pushed forward to be able to shear the stops off.

If it was handled carelessly or thrown in a drawer to bang around against other stuff, maybe. That's the only scenario that makes sense.

I have a MMOC that is missing one stop

It is usable but you need to be careful when you lock the TTO down. Once it grabs the blade it does not move around. It shaved OK but I have several other MMOC that DON'T have any issues so this one just sits.

I don't use this one but I have used it just to see if I could (yea I am brave in the shave den at times).

The stops are rather fragile on the MM razors so any drop or bang can break that little bit off

proxy.php

My guess is carelessness, for most. It could be a weak point, and bad metal on others. I have a few, that are broken, and I don't know how they got that way.

Jim, I received your extremely generous PIF today! Thank you so much for your kindness, and congrats on your 1000th post!!

Jim, I received your extremely generous PIF today! Thank you so much for your kindness, and congrats on your 1000th post!!

I was only too glad to help out. I must add that I am impressed at the U.S. Postal service. I put the item in the mail in Seattle on Monday and here it is Wednesday and it's already in Boston.

Top Bottom