What's new

Premium Shaving Cream Update

Folks,

I spend most of today doing 3 double batches of shaving cream and hope to get back to my store and make another 3 double batches later! They went really well today and I will be homogenizing them soon and adding fragrance. I just emailed my website gal and she's installing links for the premium shaving cream today and I will be uploading pics of them to my website as soon as I can! I had the pleasure of meeting brianw this weekend and am pleased that he liked my premium shaving cream and honored that he gave it a try and posted such a nice review on here! Thanks, Brian!

I'll post when the shaving cream is up on the site. I hope you'll give it a try!

Bob,

I'm working night and day to get enough stock done so that can offer this premium shaving cream as soon as possible! I don't want to offer it then run out and let you guys down. I have a quadruple batch that I am making in my soaproom right now that should make around 65 tubs! I am also going to offer this cream in about 12 fragrances to match my handcrafted soap. I have gotten a great response from those who purchased it and brianw did such a wonderful review and posted pics of lather that amazed even me! I can't wait to get these out and I have a graphic artist working on new top labels to have printed shortly! I'll keep you all posted and thanks again, Bob for your interest!:thumbup:

I hear you Shawn. I've had half an eye open for quite some time watching this develop. Very tempting.

Cheers, Todd

$Samsung Pictures 585.jpg

This is the quadruple batch I was telling you about! Lots of shaves in this bucket!

Brian was kind enough to send me a sample of the Fougeré cream that he got from David. I haven't lathered with it yet, but man, the scent is fantastic. It's the closest to the fougeré type that I get with Pen's EF of the fougeré soaps and creams that are currently out there, which I have tried (LASS and MdC). Consistency is very cream-like, and not a croap by any means. I'm looking forward to lathering it in the morning.

Update time!

I just placed an order for 10,000 round labels yesterday for the Premium Shaving Cream. Today we spend the afternoon homogenizing 6 batches and filling containers with Cedre Noire shaving cream! This type of "old style" shaving cream takes a while to process and must be left for a while to attain it's proper consistency but it's worth the wait! Lots of time and research went into developing this product. Researching shaving cream is a bit like making a puzzle... often you will find little tidbits of information from old soapmaking books and cosmetic chemistry books but you must figure out where they go! Next one has to apply what one has learned to sample batches and then adjustments have to be made to production batches so it becomes a long process. Fortunately we are getting very close so that the next new post you see should be one telling you that Stone Cottage Soapworks Inc. Premium Shaving Cream is up on the website for sale! Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
My shave with the Stone Cottage Fougére was stellar. It is not one of the soft, squeezable creams, and it is not a dense croap. It's somewhere in the middle. It lathers easily and gives a really nice, rich lather. The scent is, frankly, outstanding, and is a very unique Fougére among the artisan soap makers, more in line with the traditional versions than the newer, herbaceous ones. It's great stuff.

I don't know if it is my computer, Mozilla Firefox or me, but I couldn't get the Stone Cottage Soapworks to fully load up. I did get it to load on Safari though. Anyone else have this problem on Mozilla Firefox?

I don't know if it is my computer, Mozilla Firefox or me, but I couldn't get the Stone Cottage Soapworks to fully load up. I did get it to load on Safari though. Anyone else have this problem on Mozilla Firefox?

I haven't had any trouble with the SCS web site with Firefox.

Top Bottom