What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Using some Yanagiya pomade for a change today. Has excellent hold and smells like grampa.

Recently grabbed some man's face stuff "stiff breeze" from thestache.com by recommendation, and it is superb!

proxy.php

Also testing out some "**** grease" wax as well. good hold, smells like i've been smoking weed to me lol

proxy.php

strop

Now half as wise
Recently grabbed some man's face stuff "stiff breeze" from thestache.com by recommendation, and it is superb!

proxy.php

Also testing out some "**** grease" wax as well. good hold, smells like i've been smoking weed to me lol

proxy.php

Can you post a pic of the open tins. Color is important for us old guys with white hair!

Here ya go Mark. I lined them all up from darkest (yellowish) to lightest.
$wax_colors.jpg

Mans facestuff - stiff breeze
Smell: pungent, smells a little like petchuli oil and a hint of marijuana
Hold: excellent

Badger Navigator
Smell: a bit like shea butter or olive oil
Hold: terrible

Stache Bomb
Smell: excellent. bees wax and lavender maybe.. smells great
Hold: not great, cannot hold

**** Grease
Smell: decent. standard bees wax
Hold: Good

Fisticuffs
Smell: lemons
Hold: Great.

Last edited:
That Fisticuffs looks awesome.

Too bad about that Navigator as I love the Shea Butter scented ones.

Thanks so much for posting this for all of your fellow crumb catching brethren!

strop

Now half as wise
Thanks, Dana. I've been using the Fisticuffs, and agree that the hold and scent are both good. My wife commented, though on the yellow tint to the ends of the stach, so I'm going to have to figure out something to mix it with. Obviously beeswax comes in various shades and I'll need to find some white.

I've also been using Dr. Dittmar and Brother's Love. Both come in a tube and are not beeswax based but have great hold. I like the tims better, but may have to switch over.

The fisticuffs is definitely the most yellow. face stuff is the most brown. I would recommend the **** grease. its good enough if you've got the length. I happen to have a fairly wiry beard and stache so if i have trouble getting a wax to hold a curl even on 3" ends i suspect it would hold for most others.

Just found this sub forum...awesome!
Most days I don't use anything, but occasionally I'll throw in some wild hair or a dip from a small tin that a stranger gave me at a restaurant. Apparently he was trying to do a start up wax company and carried samples for mustached gents he'd meet on the street. Today, it's water and nature.
Don't forget glue sticks for those day's ya wanna get crazy.

strop

Now half as wise
Brother's Love today.

SWMBO suggested I throw out the rest of the Fisticuffs. Doesn't like the yellow tint to my 'stache. I'll try to mix it with some others first, since I like the tin it is in. Haven't used any homemade stuff for a while, so we'll see what I can come up with.

Don't forget glue sticks for those day's ya wanna get crazy.

Glue sticks? Tell us more...
Since my Mo is white - any color at all makes it look dingy to suspect...
And in the Texas heat they all seem to fade.
So I have been using Göt2b with some good results but I'm on the lookout for alternates.

Glue sticks? Tell us more...
Since my Mo is white - any color at all makes it look dingy to suspect...
And in the Texas heat they all seem to fade.
So I have been using Göt2b with some good results but I'm on the lookout for alternates.
Purple glue sticks dry clear, offer INSANE hold, and wash out easily. Don't use very much if you try it, but be prepared for crazy results.
My normal is to wash my mustache, comb it out, and then put a little glue in the mid out to the ends. After it dries just a little, as in it's still malleable but more wiry when you bend it, mold it into whatever you want and allow it to air dry the rest of the way. A little goes a LONG way. Humidity can break the hold a little, so depending on what part of Texas you may have mixed results. Worth a shot though.
I think that the guy in the video below wrote the piece that initially piqued my interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried Firehouse, Hndrbars, Oregon - mixed results, esp when its warm.
Then is was the regular version of Göt2b (white, dries clear, can irritate my skin at the end of the 'stach)
The the glue stick idea from SpartanDes - has some promise, I need to improve my technique but no skin problems.
But it sagged by the middle of the day.
So now its Göt2b ultra glued - still looking.
Since there is no clear wax (that I have found) and the Mo is white-white it's hard to find something that holds and does not look dingy.
Suggestions welcome...

$Stach.jpg

$Mo 21JUN14.jpg

Top Bottom