What's new

Razorock P160 vs Cella

Okay, just had my first shave with the new P160 and it was awesome. The initial scent is very similar to Cella but after lathering it doesn't turn into that tallow funk Cella has. The lather and shave was just as good as Cella but I liked that P160 feels lighter and cleaner. Cella feels very thick and greasy whereas P160 has a more refined feel and is equally slick and cushiony.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Cella is pretty much equal compared to the original P.160 in terms of latherability, slickness/glide and post shave feel. The new P.160 however seems even better than both! Joe's P.160 formula in fact is more natural, uses first quality tallow and gives a boosted performance. Bravo Giuseppe!

Cella is pretty much equal compared to the original P.160 in terms of latherability, slickness/glide and post shave feel. The new P.160 however seems even better than both! Joe's P.160 formula in fact is more natural, uses first quality tallow and gives a boosted performance. Bravo Giuseppe!
Are you serious ? As far as i know, you are a die-hard cella fan :p

+1 on Marco's comparison of Cella and the original P.160, both of which are great for me. The new P.160 is currently out of stock, so for now I'll have to suffer through with my 30+ excellent soaps, including various RR's and other croaps.

I'll second Marco. To me, the new P. 160 is superior to Cella. It is almost, but not quite, to the level of Boellis Panama, which for me has no equal. YMMV, of course.

I tried Cella today, loved it, I like it better than Tabac--was my favorite soap. I bought 1 P-160, if it's that good, I hope Joe makes more of it....

Gentlemen, I am still a basic newbie. I have looked at West Coat Shaving's site but can not find a P 160 soap listed for amongst the RazoRock line of shave soaps. What does the P 160 stand for?

Gentlemen, I am still a basic newbie. I have looked at West Coat Shaving's site but can not find a P 160 soap listed for amongst the RazoRock line of shave soaps. What does the P 160 stand for?
It was only available at the home of Joe of RazoRock, italianbarber.com. I do not recall ever reading what P-160 stood for. My guess would be Professional and the 160 is a complete turnaraound? Mind you that's an uneducated guess and could be far, far off base. Perhaps Joe would know; to my knowledge he has perhaps the last remaining kilo of original P-160 Tipo Morbido on the planet here.

Some Razorock soaps are exclusive the ItalianBarber, which is the Razorock home base owned by Joe. Other vendors get some Razorock soaps but only ItalianBarber will have all of them. The exclusives are usually the limited quantity stuff like the P160 and XXX.

A classic win-win scenario IMO. Both are fantastically good soaps, to make it plain. I do personally like the fact that with the Cella there's really no exclusivity factor inasmuch as it's not particularly difficult to come by nor is it exclusively priced like the Boellis Panama. But Joe's P.160 is already priced right and with any luck it'll establish itself as a readily available soap once the novelty of it's "just released" status and the panic-buying fades a bit.

Wow! I purchased the original P 160 from Joe and was very sad when we learned it was discontinued.

If it was anyone but you, Marco, saying the new formula was even better, I think it probably hogwash. Wow!

Top Bottom