What's new

All TOBS perform the same?

I've gone through a Maggard TOBS sampler and I wanted to hear other opinions on this question.

Do all TOBS perform the same for you?

In more detail; if you couldn't smell the scent would you notice a difference in performance among the TOBS cream line?

My lathering technique is inconsistent at best. I wanted to understand if I could control my lathering if I'd get the exact same lather every time from TOBS regardless of scent.

I feel like I need a little more water with my Jermyn Street than I do with sandalwood or Eton College

The TOBS line is very consistent in performance. They all lather very very well. I personally find that the "slickness" of St. James and Jermyn St. are a little better than say Eton College, which is my favorite in the scent department, but the difference is subtle. For me I haven't tried a TOBS cream that I didn't like.

I have been using TOBS creams for over 10 years, and I have tried all of them. Being as objective as possible, I do not notice a performance difference that is significant. They all perform very, very well for me. So it ends up boiling down to the scent, and that is a very personal decision. I like Mr. Taylors, Lavender, and Almond the best, but I like the others as well, and there aren't any that I dislike.

Matt

The Shave Shop was pretty awesome today. Above my expectations.

Just tried this for the first time today, and I liked it a lot.

For the OP, the half-dozen or so that I've tried all perform about the same for me. I use a bit more than the regulation "almond-sized dollop" and I sneak up on it with the water.

The TOBS line is very consistent in performance. They all lather very very well. I personally find that the "slickness" of St. James and Jermyn St. are a little better than say Eton College, which is my favorite in the scent department, but the difference is subtle. For me I haven't tried a TOBS cream that I didn't like.

+1 perfect synopsis.

shaved again today with TOBS lavender, it was great.
very wide 'sweet' spot, as it can take a good amount of water.
the scent was nice, good strength and lasted through the shave.
lather was slick and stable, yet rinsed easily.
I'd rate it easily on par if not a drop above castle forbes' excellent lavender in terms of performance.

proxy.php

I ordered the sample pack and actually found a noticeable difference in the slickness of the avocado cream...not sure if it was just me or if maybe the avocado oil was at work but as always, YMMV! :badger:

I too have tried them all and found they quickly produce a good lather really fast. Eton College is my favorite scent.

I'm in love with Shave Shop. It was the last in my sampler. I'm getting rid of St. James to make room for Shave Shop.

Top Bottom