What's new

looking for some education.

So I'm working on my ability to gauge the condition of a straight, and I'm hoping to get some pointers from everyone on here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but links to ebay that aren't purely Buy It Now aren't allowed...

"Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay sale is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid, or is contained within an e-Bay storefront."

I could be looking at it wrong, but I see the following 'not so good' things in the pictures: one, a wavy bevel. Look at the cutting edge and see how uneven the bevel is. Secondly, it looks like a frown is beginning to form; the heel appears to be worn down less relative to the center of the blade. The toe is also worn down slightly less than the center as well, marking the beginnings of a frown. None of those things are insurmountable nor beyond repair.

It would affect what I would be willing to bid for it, knowing that an edge repair is on the horizon. Doubly so if I didn't have the means of repairing it on my own and would have to contract it out.

Sorry, but links to ebay that aren't purely Buy It Now aren't allowed...

"Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay sale is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid, or is contained within an e-Bay storefront."

Oh I forgot I'm sorry. Out of curiosity, can I link to an ended auction?

Top Bottom