What's new

FYI - Brooks Brothers is having a 50% off sale - Just bought some Filson bags with it

Do you mind posting pics? I'm thinking of buying the commuter bag in tan and curious how casual they are.

If they get any more casual, functional, or, bombproof, you'll be walking around naked with a deer skin, a stick, and a rope.

You'll pass it on to your grandkids to carry their iPad27's.

If they get any more casual, functional, or, bombproof, you'll be walking around naked with a deer skin, a stick, and a rope.

You'll pass it on to your grandkids to carry their iPad27's.

That's what I'm afraid of...I need a bag that works for business and travel.

I have both the 256 (olive) and 257 (tan). No picture I take could do any better than what's available via a google search. I am business dress 4 days a week, and I don't feel the least bit exposed by carrying Filson. If anything, I feel like its a subtle expression of individualism.

I have both the 256 (olive) and 257 (tan). No picture I take could do any better than what's available via a google search. I am business dress 4 days a week, and I don't feel the least bit exposed by carrying Filson. If anything, I feel like its a subtle expression of individualism.

I've been looking at the 257 and wish it came in navy. How dirty does the tan get with regular use?

Do you mind posting pics? I'm thinking of buying the commuter bag in tan and curious how casual they are.

Can't post. If you google images the bag you would get better pictures. All I can say is that the brass zippers against the brown leather and green canvas really stick out......like they are gold.

It really is a beautiful, functional bag. I have bought two other bags since this post. I hope that Brooks Brothers has another 50% off sale soon. I will buy as much Filson as I can afford.

Mine has stayed in fairly decent shape. The bottom is really the only area that shows signs of dirt - this is from being placed on the floor during my train ride to work. I suspect this will change over time, as I've found it's a perfect size for me to use as an overnight bag, but I don't think the tan color is a dirt hog by any stretch.

I really like the the extra width that the 257 provides, and yet the bag doesn't seem too bulky for me. I used the 257 yesterday and had the following items in there with no problem: laptop, perhaps 20 pages of paperwork, ipad, 5.5x8.5 Rhodia book, hardcover novel, two pens, wallet, 24 oz water bottle, 20 oz coffee travel mug, Tupperware lunch container, single serving yogurt, hand sanitizer, sunglasses case, small umbrella, and a pocket knife.

Top Bottom