What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Got to be some history there don't you think. Great find.

The lady that sold them to me told me they belonged to her father who served during WWII and passed 10 years ago. I imagine that he had the coin brought back with him from Germany but how it ended up in that case is a mystery.

Sweet acquisition via bst $uploadfromtaptalk1397476902005.jpg it looks practically new I really was not expecting the razor to look this good..

Found a gold Clix razor with case, bakelite handle. The head is a bit heavy by itself.

The head fits my NEW, heavy tech handle and my Merkur long handle. I cleaned it up and put a blade in it, and it has a big blade gap. Looks like it's gonna make for a smooth shave.

Love my CLIX, fantastic shaver. I don't think it's as aggressive as the large gap would suggest. I found mine to be incredible smooth and delivers a close shave. I hope you enjoy that razor!

Here are a couple of recent acquisitions. Can anyone tell me about the "Tuckaway" (?) or "Travel" (?) bar handle on the NEW SC? This is the first I've come across and so I don't know if it would be considered a Tuckaway handle or a travel handle. In length, it compares about equally to my 1920s Tuckaway so I'm not certain it would be counted as a travel handle, most travel handles I've seen are a good bit shorter but I've never heard mention of a NEW Tuckaway. The NEW to the left isn't new to me, I just threw it in for comparison.

$IMAG0135.jpg

And the second acquisition has me wondering about inflation, a Black Handle SS. It's difficult to see but I think it's a U4. I paid $2, I tell ya, inflation is out of hand.

$IMAG0137.jpg

It is a pretty cool handle at that, but different. I shave w/ 3 fingers and a thumb on the handle. The index, middle, and thumb typically hold the razor while the ring finger controls the pressure. I can't get my ring finger on this one unless the index finger crowds the base plate, the shave is entirely different.

It is a pretty cool handle at that, but different. I shave w/ 3 fingers and a thumb on the handle. The index, middle, and thumb typically hold the razor while the ring finger controls the pressure. I can't get my ring finger on this one unless the index finger crowds the base plate, the shave is entirely different.

It was made for guys with small hands ... :lol:

That's a great $2 score Whittjt3, I paid $50 for one just like it for my brother, and just recently I saw one on eBay with a BIN of $99. Very cool sir.

Top Bottom