What's new

B&B Circle Letter "Gillette"

Given that there is apparently some demand for additional circle letter opportunities, and after consulting with some others, I have now opened up the 2nd B&B circle letter under the thread name: B&B Circle Letter "Gillette". (The "Gillette" is just a code name for the letter group, that being preferable in my view than a number.)

This new circle letter will be limited to 10 people. I will send out the initial letter in the chain within one week of obtaining 6 signees.

The "Gillette" circle letter is intended to circulate continuously. That is, the last person on the list would send the entire batch of letters back to the originator who would then remove his original letter, replacing it with a new entry, and then send the batch on to the 2nd person on the list, thus starting a 2nd iteration of the letter. Thus everyone would get an opportunity to see all the letters as they re-circulate through the system.

There is no intention to publish the letters in any fashion as they would continue circulating. The compostition of the group need not remain fixed either.

#######

In order to join the "Gillette" circle letter group, copy the list below and add your own name.

1. Jim (Redmond, WA, USA) - Cynomys

RULES:
1) You can write about anything you want. As long as a moderator from B&B would be happy with it, it can go in your letter.
2) It must be handwritten. Doesn’t matter with what pen or on what stationary, as long as it is handwritten.
3) Try to write at least 1 page, maximum 2.
4) Do not keep the letter batch more than 7 days.
5) Please add at the top of your letter the date, location and the number you are on the list.
6) Let us know when you received and also when you send the letter.
7) You must contact the next person on the list yourself for the Address. (privacy is important)

The Final List of guys participating in the letter:

I have talked (PMed) with Cymomys and he asked that I start the letter rolling. We could rearrange the list to speed transit time up, but I would prefer to leave it as it. So we can keep everything straight; please remember to the date, the number you are on the list and your user name (real name is optional) at the top of the letter. As these things tend to take on a life of their own, it will be interesting to see what we end up with at the end. Adam, please PM me your address and I will get the first letter out in the next day or two. Let the fun begin!

1. Devin (Burien, WA, USA) DevinLT1966
2. Adam (Lawton, OK, USA) gunslinger249
3. Al (Toronto ON, Canada) t.orso
4. Owen (Fort Worth, TX USA) oc_in_fw
5.Dries (Antwerp, Belgium) Dries
6. Fotis (Athens, Greece) Fotakas
7. Jessy (New Orleans, LA)
8. Troy (Pueblo, CO) countrydirt
9.Tom (Coppell, TX) airmech
10. Jim (Redmond, WA, USA) - Cynomys

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, You beat me to it. I was going to set something up today. This should be a lot of fun. Feel free to move me around if need be.
Devin

In order to join the "Gillette" circle letter group, copy the list below and add your own name.

2. Devin (Burien, WA, USA) DevinLT1966

3. Adam (Lawton, OK, USA) gunslinger249

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
on edit: with all the business USPS gets because of this website, I think they should make a commemorative stamp for us.

on second edit: Maybe I should wait before entering so that those who missed the first exchange can get in on this one.​

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just thought of something- after each cycle, we remove the last letter we included. If the composition of the group changes, that means someone drops out. Would the person who replaced that person remove his letter then?

on edit: a second thought- are we sticking to the 1-2 page format?

I just thought of something- after each cycle, we remove the last letter we included. If the composition of the group changes, that means someone drops out. Would the person who replaced that person remove his letter then?

on edit: a second thought- are we sticking to the 1-2 page format?

I basically just copied the rules that Dries and Syngent hammered out, leaving the 1-2 page format. Consider it just a suggestion. Nobody is going to mind that much if you go over a bit. When and if someone withdraws from the circle, if they want their letter removed, no problem with that; otherwise, I would just leave it until that person's turn in the cycle comes up.

Go ahead and sign up if you want; no need to wait. If there is sufficient demand down the road, there could be additional circles.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I basically just copied the rules that Dries and Syngent hammered out, leaving the 1-2 page format. Consider it just a suggestion. Nobody is going to mind that much if you go over a bit. When and if someone withdraws from the circle, if they want their letter removed, no problem with that; otherwise, I would just leave it until that person's turn in the cycle comes up.

Go ahead and sign up if you want; no need to wait. If there is sufficient demand down the road, there could be additional circles.

Okay, here is what I was thinking. After the first cycle you will have ten letters in the envelop. As the cycles increase, that will remain the same as long as the group doesn't change. Let's say two people drop out, and two more are added to replace them. After the next cycle you now have 12 letters in the envelop, as the people who dropped will be there to remove their last letter. If a couple more drop and a couple more enter, now we have 14 letters in the envelop. And on and on. That is why I suggest that if someone does drop, the person who replaces them takes the droppers letter out and adds his. That way you remain at a static 10.

Okay, here is what I was thinking. After the first cycle you will have ten letters in the envelop. As the cycles increase, that will remain the same as long as the group doesn't change. Let's say two people drop out, and two more are added to replace them. After the next cycle you now have 12 letters in the envelop, as the people who dropped will be there to remove their last letter. If a couple more drop and a couple more enter, now we have 14 letters in the envelop. And on and on. That is why I suggest that if someone does drop, the person who replaces them takes the droppers letter out and adds his. That way you remain at a static 10.

indeed not a bad idea.This gives it a more "moving" feeling. keeps some secretly-feeling-thingy. Also if you don't remove letters it will become a Huge package. And that is just going to become more and more expensive.

But what happens with the removed letters. Will they just be lost in time? Again gives a very secretly-feeling-thingy. But it is nice to see all this different letters send over time...

But that's me...

Dries

I suggest that if someone does drop, the person who replaces them takes the droppers letter out and adds his. That way you remain at a static 10.

I agree, keep it equal to the number of people in the group. If there is a pertinent reason for doing so, the original members can bring the new members up to speed on anything that was contained in the letters that are not in circulation anymore.

Is a detour up to Canada OK with you fellows (Adam particularly)? If so I would like to join.

4. Al (Toronto ON, Canada) t.orso

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
5. Owen (Fort Worth, TX USA) oc_in_fw

Dries, put your name after mine- I don't mind posting to Belgium.

6.Dries (Antwerp, Belgium) Dries

7. Fotis (Athens, Greece) Fotakas

8. Jessy (New Orleans, LA)

I wouldn't mine stepping in to help as well. And I'd live to receive a letter from Greece!

Last edited:
I was just about to give this thread a planned weekly bump when I saw this. So now I'll PM the 2nd person on the list (who lives about 10 miles from here) and get a letter off to him within a week.

I would like to jump in here. This brings the total up to 9.

9. Troy (Pueblo, CO) countrydirt

Last edited:
I will finish it out!

Tom

I would like to jump in here. This brings the total up to 9.

9. Troy (Pueblo, CO) countrydirt
10.Tom (Coppell, TX) airmech

Top Bottom