What's new

New From SoCal

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Greetings to all, my name is David Miller. I am orginally from York, PA but because of the US Navy, I now live in sunny CA in Ventura County. For the past few weeks I mulled over getting a DE razor and last week took the plunge to get an EJ 8911 with extra blades, an Omega brush and some wonderful samples from West Coast Shaving. I want to say thank you to the guys here for helping me in figuring out what to get. I did a lot of research and lurking on this site before joining today. I hope to learn some more from the members here on DE shaving.

God Bless,
David

Welcome to the B&B. Glad you're here. Thank you for your service.

Have you tried out your new gear? Keep us posted as to how things are going!

seabee1999

Welcome to the B&B. Glad you're here. Thank you for your service.

Have you tried out your new gear? Keep us posted as to how things are going!

Welcome, it's great to have you. Thanks for your service.

Thanks you for the welcome. I tried the new razor and brush (actually this morning). Last night, I conditioned the brush as recommended here and I have to say the expereince was unique and fun to do. I am coming from using a Gillette Fusion razor so using the DE was not challenging but certainly differint from what I am used to. These next few days I will be taking thins slow to figure out the right speed and pressure to use.

God Bless,
david

Greetings to all, my name is David Miller. I am orginally from York, PA but because of the US Navy, I now live in sunny CA in Ventura County. For the past few weeks I mulled over getting a DE razor and last week took the plunge to get an EJ 8911 with extra blades, an Omega brush and some wonderful samples from West Coast Shaving. I want to say thank you to the guys here for helping me in figuring out what to get. I did a lot of research and lurking on this site before joining today. I hope to learn some more from the members here on DE shaving.

God Bless,
David

Hi David: Welcome to B&B. Thanks for your service. Glad to have you with us.

WARHAWK

seabee1999

Thanks again for the warm reception. Looking forward to contribute as well.

God Bless,
David

seabee1999

I had my second shave today. I must say today's was much closer than yesterday's. I felt comfortable going ATG on the second pass. I tried WTG first but I still cannot find a good angle. XTG seems to be work too but short ATG passes were the best this morning. Tomorrow I will try a new blade as well as a new cream. It is fun relearning how to shave again.

Also, thanks again for the warm welcome.

God Bless,
David

I had my second shave today. I must say today's was much closer than yesterday's. I felt comfortable going ATG on the second pass. I tried WTG first but I still cannot find a good angle. XTG seems to be work too but short ATG passes were the best this morning. Tomorrow I will try a new blade as well as a new cream. It is fun relearning how to shave again.

Also, thanks again for the warm welcome.

God Bless,
David
What blade and cream are you going to try?

seabee1999

What blade and cream are you going to try?

This morning I used a Bic blade with Erasmic cream. It seemed to work rather well. The prior 2 tries were with a Gillette Blue blade and a sample cream from EJ. The Gillette blade just didn't seem to work as well as the Bic did today.

seabee1999

Welcome from another SoCal shaver. Westcoast is the place to shop. The Men's Room has a nice online store but the shop in Palm Springs is nothing like Westcoast.

Hopefully over the summer I can get to the WCS actual store. It's about an 1 1/2 hours from me. Palm Springs is a bit far. An AoS store is just up the grade from me in Thousand Oaks though. I might pay a visit there in a few weeks.

God Bless,
David

This morning I used a Bic blade with Erasmic cream. It seemed to work rather well. The prior 2 tries were with a Gillette Blue blade and a sample cream from EJ. The Gillette blade just didn't seem to work as well as the Bic did today.

So are you switching?

seabee1999

So are you switching?

I switched this morning yes from yesterday and the day before. I will do the same combo as I did today again tomorrow. This weekend I'll grow out some of my chin whiskers and try a different blade and soap combo. I have a Feather blade up next on the trial blade samples and Ogallala shave soap.

God Bless,
David

I switched this morning yes from yesterday and the day before. I will do the same combo as I did today again tomorrow. This weekend I'll grow out some of my chin whiskers and try a different blade and soap combo. I have a Feather blade up next on the trial blade samples and Ogallala shave soap.

God Bless,
David

:wink2:Keep us in the loop

seabee1999

Yesterday I used the Feather and Ogallala shave soap. The blade worked great and the shave soap was ok. I couldn't develop a good lather. It took 2 tries and more water on the 2nd try to get a lather that I like. I will say this though that the shave soap moisturized my face very well and was still silky smooth well into the night. Overall, I am still experimenting and enjoying my shaves.

God Bless,
David

Top Bottom