What's new

Time to Finish Some Product

Like many of us on B&B, I came down with a serious case of Acquisition Disorder. A few years back I tempered my shaving supply purchases (mostly because I have run out of places to put the goodies). Other than a few well-reasoned purchases I have been able to get a handle on my various ADs.

Now I need to focus on using the products that are hiding in the cabinet, under the sink and in the multiple Rubbermaid containers in the walk-in closet. Time to get serious. A few months back I changed from a rotation of products to one product. Use it until it is gone. The fine folks in the Shaving Soap forum have a wonderful thread about using and finishing products so why not a similar thread for shaving creams? I may not have enough shaving creams to last until 3017 but I know that I have too much at the moment.

I am putting the finishing touches on a puck of SCS Barbershop Shop and as soon as that puck is done I will turn my focus on to the product next in line: a tub of Nancy Boy Signature. It is a small tub so it should not last too long. A few weeks maybe but it will give me time to decide on the next product.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Care to join the push to clean out the cabinet?

I have a few tubs of TOBS (Sandalwood and Lavender) that should be giving up the ghost soon. I just find it difficult to stick with one scent for more than a few days. Maybe, in your honor, I'll use each one individually until they are gone.

I have a few tubs of TOBS (Sandalwood and Lavender) that should be giving up the ghost soon. I just find it difficult to stick with one scent for more than a few days. Maybe, in your honor, I'll use each one individually until they are gone.

I had used a seasonal rotation for years with maybe a half dozen products. It was great for variety but it takes forever and a day to finish off products. It took years to accumulate the den but it will take a decade or two to deplete it.

The puck of SCS has been finished. Time for the Nancy Boy Signature to step up to the plate.

... Man cannot shave by soap alone.

Actually... I think he could, as long as he never read B&B!

I only own (mostly sample sized) soaps other than some KMF cream and a small PIF'd sample of AoS Lavender and TBS Maca Root. I'm looking forward to trying some nicer creams when I get around to using up some of my soap or putting some on a wishlist next Christmas/birthday.

Of course, I have a really hard time picking what I want most. It seems every time I turn around I've found a new fantastic artisan soap or cream that gets rave review upon rave review!

Actually... I think he could, as long as he never read B&B!

I only own (mostly sample sized) soaps other than some KMF cream and a small PIF'd sample of AoS Lavender and TBS Maca Root. I'm looking forward to trying some nicer creams when I get around to using up some of my soap or putting some on a wishlist next Christmas/birthday.

Of course, I have a really hard time picking what I want most. It seems every time I turn around I've found a new fantastic artisan soap or cream that gets rave review upon rave review!

I see that you have not been able to avoid Acquisition Disorder. :laugh: You are correct about the variety of quality products available to the modern wetshaver. Whether artisanal or not, the number of products can be overwhelming. Thankfully this is part of the fun of our hobby. Working through the soaps/creams/aftershaves/brushes/razors/blades/scuttles.....you name it. Good luck with your shopping.

I always end up justifying my stash of soaps and creams by thinking about how much I enjoy having a nice assortment to choose each morning. As long as you are selective in your product choices, making sure you keep things that you like, what the heck, let it ride!

I always end up justifying my stash of soaps and creams by thinking about how much I enjoy having a nice assortment to choose each morning. As long as you are selective in your product choices, making sure you keep things that you like, what the heck, let it ride!

It isn't justification that I need....it is more space!

I see that you have not been able to avoid Acquisition Disorder. :laugh: You are correct about the variety of quality products available to the modern wetshaver. Whether artisanal or not, the number of products can be overwhelming. Thankfully this is part of the fun of our hobby. Working through the soaps/creams/aftershaves/brushes/razors/blades/scuttles.....you name it. Good luck with your shopping.

It is a constant battle, but I do my best out of respect for my wife.

It is a constant battle, but I do my best out of respect for my wife.

Good call.

I just saw your location. How are things in Fergus Falls? My family is from Wadena. Still have a few relatives in the area (Alex, Brainerd, St. Cloud, Park Rapids). Beautiful part of the world.

I think the only thing I can guaranty finishing this year is my Trumpers Spanish Leather.

That is a start. I think that I will be able to crack out maybe 8 tubes/tubs/pucks unless that puck of Tabac taunts me some more. That might take all year.

Good call.

I just saw your location. How are things in Fergus Falls? My family is from Wadena. Still have a few relatives in the area (Alex, Brainerd, St. Cloud, Park Rapids). Beautiful part of the world.

Small world. My wife and I love Fergus Falls, we moved here from Fargo but don't have any extended family close by.

I work for the community college and we have a campus in Wadena so I travel there occasionally.

Like you guys I have a good rotation that I'm unsure I'll get to before they go bad. So I'm focusing on them right now.

Tryingto refrain on any purchases until I do. But its tough for me.

I'm in the same situation with my creams - in just two months of DE shaving I have acquired about 20 creams and 3 soaps.

Before the situation reaches a critical state, I'd like to finish off some of my creams first. The current flavour of the season is menthol because it is summer in Australia.

I have respect for those with such control, but when I try I personally lack the discipline :innocent: to go more than 3-4 days max with one product.
I think the only way I could participate is if I could have one product that I use every 2 days, and then I could use whatever product I wanted on the days falling between. Does that count?? :blink:

Top Bottom