What's new

I Received My New Feather AS-D2 today

I feel like it is my birthday, Oh it is on the 6th.
I can't wait to shave! What a beauty.
I was concerned because the order on Amazon said D1 and I have been reading after the order was placed.
Too mild vs. the more aggressive D2. When I opened the very nice packaging I received the D2 and a pack of 10 Feather blades!!

Congrats! Enjoy your D2.

FYI, not all the D1s were "too mild no shows". Just enough of them got out of the factory to muddy the water. I hope yours brings you the same joy I get from my D1. This razor or my Fat Boy could easily be my desert island razor.

My first shave with the new Feather Razor.
The first thing I noticed is the grip is excellent, no slipping here, weight is not too heavy not too light.
I noticed the angle needs to be a bit steeper and the blade does not sing like my other razors. It provides a very close shave effortlessly with zero burn.
I am very impressed. Will I miss the singing?
I am not sure, I will give it a few more shaves and see how I feel.
I am curious how it performs on a three day growth as in a Monday morning.
Nice Razor! I used one of the Feather blades that came with it. I will try it out with a Kai soon.

My first shave with the new Feather Razor.
The first thing I noticed is the grip is excellent, no slipping here, weight is not too heavy not too light.
I noticed the angle needs to be a bit steeper and the blade does not sing like my other razors. It provides a very close shave effortlessly with zero burn.
I am very impressed. Will I miss the singing?
I am not sure, I will give it a few more shaves and see how I feel.
I am curious how it performs on a three day growth as in a Monday morning.
Nice Razor! I used one of the Feather blades that came with it. I will try it out with a Kai soon.

the so-called singing is way over-rated. Razors that are extremely precisely built tend to hold the blade very tightly so that very little vibration is allowed; this dims the singing, but also provides a better shave. The Tradere is also quiet, probably for the same reason.

what do you want? A symphony or a shave? I'd always choose a better shave over a better sound. Just my $0.02.

Congrats on the Feather! I've been thinking about getting an AS-D2 since it's a beautifully made razor but I keep finding myself buying vintage.

Enjoy!
I just got my ASD1 a couple of days ago in a trade, and I've had two fantastic shaves with it so far. A thing of beauty that shaves effortlessly for me. I had no trouble finding the sweet spot. I brought it up to my face and then shaved with it!

Waiting to get my AS-D2. It is scheduled to be delivered on tomorrow, but we are getting a snow storm today and tonight so I hope there is not a weather delay.

Rob W

Think my next move will be to send off a Slim or Fatboy for replating.
I am coming to understand I prefer a shorter handle, especially for head
shaving. The AS-D2 looks a little long....still want one badly.

the so-called singing is way over-rated. Razors that are extremely precisely built tend to hold the blade very tightly so that very little vibration is allowed; this dims the singing, but also provides a better shave. The Tradere is also quiet, probably for the same reason.

what do you want? A symphony or a shave? I'd always choose a better shave over a better sound. Just my $0.02.

Well when you put it like that I feel rather foolish.
I guess I can live without a song.
Great Razor!

Top Bottom