What's new

Gillette tech?

I am looking at a Gillette Tech with no date code I can see

The only thing on the bottom of the blade holder from left to right and top and bottom is this
REGUS.
PAT OFF
Gillette in a Diamond
Made in the USA
On the inside of the blade holder is " Patent number on package" The last patent number on the packet is 2.270.388.
Any ideas?

He is also saying this is new?

$tech.jpg$tech2.jpg$tech4.jpg

I am looking at a Gillette Tech with no date code I can see

The only thing on the bottom of the blade holder from left to right and top and bottom is this
REGUS.
PAT OFF
Gillette in a Diamond
Made in the USA
On the inside of the blade holder is " Patent number on package" The last patent number on the packet is 2.270.388.
Any ideas?

Does this look new?

It's a 1946 -1950 Ball End Tech, if you had the original blades then they might have a date code on them.

While it looks to be the original box I don't think it's in "new" or unused condition and only my Contract Techs came with Thin Blades all the other ones usually have Blue Blades so I'm not sure if those were originally there.

You can usually tell how used a razor has been by the finish on the cap. If it's really shiny with no scratches or wear or plate loss then it might have never been shaved with. If it's worn then it was either used to shave or not stored well so not "new"

Everyone's definition of "new" is different. I would not call it "new" because it appears to have some visible wear:

- Looks like water spots on the top side of the bottom plate...The plating and lacquer look to be in terrible shape
- Plating wear on the underside of the bottom plate where the handle screws in place

Everyone's definition of "new" is different. I would not call it "new" because it appears to have some visible wear:

- Looks like water spots on the top side of the bottom plate...The plating and lacquer look to be in terrible shape
- Plating wear on the underside of the bottom plate where the handle screws in place

Ok just got it today! I paid $35. I am new to all of this but it looks new(Mint) to me. The box is has a lot of wear. It looks like it is a 1947 S1

I looked on Ebay at completed listing and found one that sold for cheaper advertised as a 1947 but looks nothing like mine.$1947 (S1 on blade) Gold Tech.jpg$109.jpg$110.jpg$111.jpg$112.jpg

Top Bottom