What's new

Looking for an impossible product.can you guys help?

Here's what I'd like. I'd like a daily facial moisturizer. It has to have the following qualities:

1) actually moisurizes the skin
2) contains broad-spectrum SPF of 20 or above, either chemical (avobenzone) or physical (zinc or titanium dioxide)
3) absolutely ZERO fragrance
4) absorbs relatively quickly into the skin
5) doesn't leave a white, ghostly cast
6) leaves a matte finish (not shiny) on the face
7) non-comedogenic, non-irritating

Anybody know of a product that fits this description?

Thanks in advance. For right now I'm just dreaming the impossible dream.

Kiehls products would. If you don't have a shop in your area, they sell it at Nordstroms and other mall stores.

I'd stay away from the mass produced software at Target, Walgreens, etc if you want a matte skin tone.

Cerave in the tub has everything but the SPF

True, but I gotta have the SPF.

Currently using the Cerave with SPF. Only problem is it is very thick and takes forever to absorb, and a hint of scent.

I ordered a product from Paula's Choice, based on the fact that ALL of her products are unscented and non-comedogenic. Hoping it will be the magic product.

If not, I'll probably go back to Elta MD, which had EVERYTHING except that it was not very moisturizing. In the winter I guess I could solve the problem by always using an aftershave balm, and then using the Elta MD.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Here's what I'd like. I'd like a daily facial moisturizer. It has to have the following qualities:

1) actually moisurizes the skin
2) contains broad-spectrum SPF of 20 or above, either chemical (avobenzone) or physical (zinc or titanium dioxide)
3) absolutely ZERO fragrance
4) absorbs relatively quickly into the skin
5) doesn't leave a white, ghostly cast
6) leaves a matte finish (not shiny) on the face
7) non-comedogenic, non-irritating

Anybody know of a product that fits this description?

Thanks in advance. For right now I'm just dreaming the impossible dream.

This:

http://www.drugstore.com/neutrogena...-spf-50-with-helioplex/qxp240122?catid=184131

They also make one with SPF 30. They also make one with PureScreen, which is a physical, micronized zinc oxide, but I've found that it does leave a bit of a white cast.

Also, the sunscreens from Elta MD are micronized zinc oxide and pretty good.

I really like the one I linked to.

Buy it from CVS, keep the receipt. If you don't like it, they have, I believe, a 60 day return policy.

True, but I gotta have the SPF.

Currently using the Cerave with SPF. Only problem is it is very thick and takes forever to absorb, and a hint of scent.

I ordered a product from Paula's Choice, based on the fact that ALL of her products are unscented and non-comedogenic. Hoping it will be the magic product.

If not, I'll probably go back to Elta MD, which had EVERYTHING except that it was not very moisturizing. In the winter I guess I could solve the problem by always using an aftershave balm, and then using the Elta MD.

Thanks for your help, guys.

I'm just now seeing this, so it sort of precludes my Elta MD suggestion.

Which Paula's Choice product did you get?

I recommend you try the the Neutrogena product I linked to if you don't like PC.

An odd suggestion, but have you tried a Clarisonic Mia or other sonic face cleaner? So glad my girlfriend loaned me hers for a while, or I would've totally missed the boat on this.

After a week of daily use, face products I've used for years perform differently and most important they absorb deep into my skin. In other words, thicker moisturizers that I tossed aside because they were greasy or just sat on top of my skin now arent that greasy and totally absorb. Just a thought...

i've been into the good skincare products for years, mainly Kiehls, but have recently turned to products available at Target, Walgreens, etc.

Other than missing the SPF protection, I would recommend Base Glaxal (Wellskin). Has no sent, non greasy, and is hypoallergenic. I use it when ever my skin is dry and you don't need much. It absorbs well into the skin too. Not sure if you can get it in the USA (it's from Canada). Might want to look at the ingredients to see if another brand is making it in USA.

I got this from my mother which was a nurse. Works really well as a moisturizer.

http://www.wellspringpharm.com/products-canada-wellskin-glaxalbase.html

Neutrogenia Men Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin SPF 30

Uses avobenzone 3% and some other chemicals for the sunscreen protection. This definitely does not feel greasy to me and no scent. I think it fits pretty much all of your criteria, plus, it's pretty cheap and readily available. About $5 to $6 for 1.7 oz. at CVS I believe.

Ben

Neutrogenia Men Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin SPF 30

Uses avobenzone 3% and some other chemicals for the sunscreen protection. This definitely does not feel greasy to me and no scent. I think it fits pretty much all of your criteria, plus, it's pretty cheap and readily available. About $5 to $6 for 1.7 oz. at CVS I believe.

Ben

+1 I use this one as well and really like it.

I've also found it quite difficult to find suitable products that contain a sunblock.

Top Bottom