What's new

Petal Pusher Fancies Organic Deodorant

I was often skeptical about so-called "natural" deodorants. I had always bought men Degree deodorant and thought it was the best thing created. I became interested in what was actually in the products I would use daily for personal grooming. I noticed that the majority of these antiperspirants/deodorants sticks contained aluminum as the bulk of the active ingredients. In search for a healthier alternative to curing my B.O., I was recommended a small, organic soap making company called Petal Pusher Fancies. I immediately visited their site and loved all their advertising and artwork but most importantly, their mission of creating an array of products that were both Eco and consumer conscious. I tried their Live Enzyme deodorant (something of which I had never heard, interesting...) and was blown away. If you smelled this stick with your eyes closed, you would only conclude you were on a tropical island surrounded by coconuts. I have tested this Coconut scented deodorant under the humid Louisiana air during jogs and believe me, there was NO discernible odor. So, I highly recommend to all ladies and gents alike to try one of their scents (Sandalwood, Steam River Rum, Coconut, and a few others) all of which contain a wonderful ingredient list full of essential oils and butters, all without the harmful stuff!:laugh:

Last edited:
their mission of creating an array of products that were both Eco and consumer conscious
What is a consumer conscious product :confused1
Also where does it say their products are eco conscious?

I wouldn't mind trying out one of their products but my alum block works incredibly well with keeping odours at bay, plus it lasts forever.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Professor. Do you mean what is a consumer conscious product? If so, this company caters to the consumer by not including any harsh/unnecessary chemicals in their products but instead load them with oils and butters to nourish the skin.

Their mission does not explicitly state that they are "Eco conscious," this was more of my opinion. I believe PPF is concerned about the environment because of the previously mentioned natural ingredients and the base design of their containers/tins to limit the waste that could potentially lead to clogged landfills.

You should check these folks out. They have excellent customer care and service, as one might expect from a small artisan soap-making company, and produce top-tier stuff.

Thanks for the reply Professor. Do you mean what is a consumer conscious product? If so, this company caters to the consumer by not including any harsh/unnecessary chemicals in their products but instead load them with oils and butters to nourish the skin.

Their mission does not explicitly state that they are "Eco conscious," this was more of my opinion. I believe PPF is concerned about the environment because of the previously mentioned natural ingredients and the base design of their containers/tins to limit the waste that could potentially lead to clogged landfills.

You should check these folks out. They have excellent customer care and service, as one might expect from a small artisan soap-making company, and produce top-tier stuff.

Sorry, yes I meant what is a consumer conscious product. I can honestly say I have never heard that term before, and Google turns up nothing. How is this consumer conscious though and not just good business. They found a niche market which is served by their products.

Natural does not equal eco friendly. If they cared about reducing their waste they would offer their shaving soaps without the tin so people can re-use said tin.

Live-Enzymes seems like a gimmick as they don't actually state which enzymes (so they might just be redundant), plus the quantity isn't exactly high.

Have heard good stuff about their shaving soap though, am just on a Sabbatical so no trying it out.

I've been using their deodorant through some workouts and I have no pit stank (haha). Whatever live enzymes are in there seem to be doing their job.

Yes, I would put the term "consumer conscious" on par with good business. I do see your point about not having replacement pucks. The overall point of this post is that their products have worked really well for me. So I'm trying to spread the word about them in hopes that others will hear about this company and hopefully enjoy their products as much as I have!

Great customer service at PPF. Unfortunately I am one of the folks that can't tolerate their shave soap without having a burning feeling on my skin. Not yet sure which ingredient it is causing the problem, but it isn't unique to the fragranced soaps, as I had the same reaction to the unscented puck. But MAN did it create a nice lather and have a great scent. If your face can tolerate the ingredients, PPF shave soap is worth a try (IMHO). I wish I could tolerate Ciderhouse 5 - a fantastic scent. I am PIF'ing my PPF to my wife for leg shaving in the hope that I can still smell it.

I know skiajl! I'm going to try the unscented to see if it feels any better. My skin hates the Black Tea and Ciderhouse-5 scents!

I'm glad to read this post about PPF. I have been researching natural deodorants and came across their site and read some good reviews about their products.

Good to hear the positive review about the deodorant. I really like the vibe of the company and the quirky personalities of the two owners.

$10 for a 2.5 oz stick of deodorant seems a little steep. Let us know how long this product lasts you.

I too have been using this for the last few weeks and it is fantastic stuff! I highly recommend it. Also currently Italian Barber has it for $8.

Sounds like a good buy, i'll check it out. Im currently using Every Man Jack, which you can find at your local Vitamin Shoppe. Their cedar wood smells awesome! Savvy, do you know of any retail stores that have Petal Pushers in stock?

Hey Tonkawa, I don't believe any retail stores would stock it. Paul commented above that it can be ordered on Italian Barber or PPF's website.

Great customer service at PPF. Unfortunately I am one of the folks that can't tolerate their shave soap without having a burning feeling on my skin. Not yet sure which ingredient it is causing the problem, but it isn't unique to the fragranced soaps, as I had the same reaction to the unscented puck. But MAN did it create a nice lather and have a great scent. If your face can tolerate the ingredients, PPF shave soap is worth a try (IMHO). I wish I could tolerate Ciderhouse 5 - a fantastic scent. I am PIF'ing my PPF to my wife for leg shaving in the hope that I can still smell it.

Same issue here. Burns on the skin something fierce.

I got some of the live enzyme deodorant for Christmas from my lovely bride. It worked really well for the first 10 days or so, and then I began to have a rash reaction to it. Additionally I noticed that it was not keeping the odors at bay as well as it did at the start.

I think it is better than most natural deodorants, for sure. It's 100 times better than Tom's of Maine.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that kingfisher. I, too, have had bad reactions to their scented shave soaps, but all is well with their deodorant. It is keeping irritation and stinkiness at bay. I hope you are able to find that "one" (or several) deodorants that work well for you!

Top Bottom