What's new

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

I got into fragrances about the time I got into wet shaving. I'm not a big enough goober to pretend I know what I'm I'm talking about as far as different notes and scent families etc but I've tried a few high end fragrances recently but just got this today. Damn it smells good.

I have a bottle of Tuscan Leather. I had some samples and I really like it. Some people say it gets too sweet on them, but on me it stays very leathery. I only wear it when I'm going out though. It's a bit robust for work.

I just finished up my decant :sad: I love this stuff. On my skin it is a great leather scent without the rubber/gasoline vibe that you often get with leather scents. I'd love to buy a full bottle, but dayum that price tag.

Great scent. The first few times I wore it all I got was the leather - like a big black leather sofa. The more I wear it the more I'm aware of the berry notes. A scent for those who don't want to write the TF sized check is Mark Birley Charles Street, not cheap, but less expensive than the TL - wears a bit smaller too which is sometimes good, TL is a beast.

Last edited:
I'm a big leather scent fan but I haven't decided on this one. First time the leather was too strong but second time I got the sweet/vanillic qualities. Since I only have a sample and won't spend the money for a full bottle (or even a large decant), I have tentatively decided to stick with the leather scents I already own plenty of, such as The Knize Ten, Cuir de Lancome, etc.

I have this stuff and I discovered through trial and error that any more than two sprays and I'm getting a headache. I get about 10 hours with two sprays to the neck anyway so I'm good.

It hangs in there for sure. I just ordered some Tobacco Vanille tonight. Can't wait to give that a go.

It hangs in there for sure. I just ordered some Tobacco Vanille tonight. Can't wait to give that a go.

I liked the TL as a "refresher" scent. I'll wear it on the days that I'm just not sure what to pick or how I want to smell. The TL just makes me smell like a nice leather jacket all day (which I normally wear in the fall/winter/spring so it fits!). It does finish a little sweet, almost a juniper berry scent, definitely not off-putting for me.

I much prefer the new one you're getting - the TV. GREAT scent. Reminds me of when I used to smoke Colts. Also, TV is the only scent I've ever worn where someone not my wife or gf-at-the-time complemented me on it. I actually had a co-worker tell me she wanted to just hover by me for a while she liked the scent so much.

Good luck with your experimentation!

Cheers,

M.

I liked this one so much I got some Tobacco Vanille today. I'm undecided on this one. Smells a little feminine.

I like TL the best of all the TF frags.
I agree with the comments that it is quite linear. But hey, I always get positive comments when I wear it.

I think is like it more on my wife or daughters. My 11yo got in the car tonight and I asked her what she thought and she said "too sweet" I had gotten her chick filet because my wife is gone tonight and I was going to play tennis. She picked up the cup of ice cream I got her with her chicken and said I smelled like that mixed with brown sugar.

I think is like it more on my wife or daughters. My 11yo got in the car tonight and I asked her what she thought and she said "too sweet" I had gotten her chick filet because my wife is gone tonight and I was going to play tennis. She picked up the cup of ice cream I got her with her chicken and said I smelled like that mixed with brown sugar.

Haha! I think you have your answer there...

Top Bottom