What's new

Gillette Platinum

Hi guys!
I bought these earlier today at the supermarket,and I would like to know what are your thoughts on them.
I have others in line to try, so I am not sure when I will actually try them,so in the meanwhile I would appreciate your opinion and experience with these blades.
Also bought this Nivea cream,never tried it either since I have been mostly trying soaps. Anyway things here are so cheap that even if they suck I don't really care. All together, the 10 blades and the cream was 420 RSD, or €3.60.
Thanks in advance!
$CAM00608.jpg
$CAM00609.jpg

I don't have personal experience with these particular blades, but if they're like any of the other Gillette blades they should be really fine. The 7:00 Yellow is my go to blade at the moment and I really like the Silver Blues as well.

Good luck with them and come back and tell us what you think of them.

I don't have personal experience with these particular blades, but if they're like any of the other Gillette blades they should be really fine. The 7:00 Yellow is my go to blade at the moment and I really like the Silver Blues as well.

Good luck with them and come back and tell us what you think of them.

I hope you're right. I had quite a bad experience with these though:
$CAM00577.jpg

They're great blades. I find the sharp and very smooth.
There are a few more opinions about the blades below.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/366630-New-production-Gillette-Platinum

Thank you very much Chris! Seems like the opinions are so good that they just jumped to the first place in the "blades to try" list.
Very helpful thread and if it happens that I end up sharing the same opinion then it's great that they are right there at the supermarket and so cheap!

Last edited:
The Platinums are very good blades. When I first tried them I wasn't really impressed with them, but the more I use them the more I like them. The only Gillette blade I'd pick over these Plats are Silver Blues, but even so I could be perfectly happy shaving with either one.

Yeah I was reading some more stuff about them and seems like the general consensus is that they are very good. Some even say they prefer it over the GSB, I never tried the Silver Blues,but have read nothing but good things about them.
Thanks for the input!

These are my favorite gillette blades(just a little bit in front of 7oclock BLACKS). Used to love the 7oclock Blues but they dont make them anymore. They were a lot of peoples favorites I feel, and to me these new? Platinums are almost identical. I would rate these platinums are smoother and sharper than the Silver Blue as well. I cant find them anywhere locally so they are a little on the expensive side(comparatively to other blades I get) online, but that didn't stop me from getting a couple hundred...

I not seen that package here in the States. Thanks for the warning!

Those look like what AoS sold my wife with my Christmas present. Except she paid $6 for the pack!

I can only compare them to Derby as I'm going through a sample pack and the Gillette were much better for me. I'm going to compare them to the 7OC yellow and black to see if they're worth triple the price (doubtful).

Platinum is a great blade. Similar to the GSB for me. I had my 4th shave with one the other day and it didn't pull or tug.

My favorite blade. Just a tad expensive!

Probably because you have to buy them on Ebay or something,since they are marketed for the Eastern Europe, I believe.
Here they are very cheap, about $1.50 US.
I tried them today and you are all right, it is really a great blade!

I honestly can't answer you. I have read that page too. But I was also reading some old B&B threads and some say the direct successor of the Swedes are these:
$download.jpg
What they call platinum whites. And the ones I posted are called the dark platinum.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I honestly can't answer you. I have read that page too. But I was also reading some old B&B threads and some say the direct successor of the Swedes are these:
View attachment 409307
What they call platinum whites. And the ones I posted are called the dark platinum.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I actually continued to search more and I'm not sure at all which blade that Is alike which now.

Top Bottom