What's new

10K Pick a PIF PIF of incredible wonders PIF

The 10K Pic a PIF Post
Now with 30% more PIF then the next leading brand*

Well i'm not long off my 2 year anniversary here at Badger and Blade, and just hit my 10, 000 post on the forums. When I cam to the forums I was looking for some answers to some shave related questions, I got those in the first few moments of my time here. What kept me coming back was a lot more then a great shave, but it was the interactions with so many great members along the way. This place really is a great community, full of a diverse set of members and true gentlemen of character, as well as some true characters as well. Since coming to the forums, ive picked up three or four great new hobbies, including calligraphy, what I like in a great cup of coffee (That Sam makes for me whenever I come over), picked up a pipe or two, not to mention the whole shaving thing (No really I still do shave). It is odd that somehow it feels like at times im still a new guy, and on the other hand like ive been here forever as well. In a lot of places in your life you rarely get back what you put into something (just ask anyone who is a real car guy lol) but being here and putting in a lot of effort and time, this place just keeps giving back, whether being asked to be part of the stewards, the PIFs I have been a part of, being trusted to help out in a big way in the auction last year, and the interactions ive had and friendships that have developed over the time here are so much more then I could possibly give back (although I do try my hardest)

Badger and blade is a great way to spend my free time, and I have enjoyed every minute, and every member I have had the fortune to spend here, and since I feel so fortunate to be part of this place I thought I would give a little back here at my two year anniversary and 10,000 post with a pick a PIF... uh PIF

although I will keep what the exact prizes are a secret the winner may select one of any of the following categories upon winning for their prize

1. Shaving (Stuffs to fit you)
2. Loose leaf tea (And maybe accessories to do something with it)
3. Nib (Package fit to you)
4. Brown Leaf (No tobacco here, but an accessory or two)
5. Coffee (And more)
6. something I may think of later and can't believe I forgot, we shall call this mystery box for now
7. Convince April to send me another box of Baklava (you get three chances to win for making this happen, just sayin)

now just to be clear, as I didn't run out spending hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to buy stuff for every category, Ill drop ship the winning stuff from a supplier to you

To Entre rulez
1. No "I'm Ins", cept the first guy who does it to blatantly go against the rules that always makes me chuckle, every time
2. complete one of the following tasks
a) a reasonable hand drawn facsimile of my white and orange cat with a blue mohawk
b) take a look at A Pipe Walk and open a thoughtful moment of calm somewhere on B&B, whether it be shaving, a cup of joe, or anything else and link it back here so I can have a gander
c) upload a video of you telling us about a great member who has helped you along the way
d) tell me how many people are Ouch, and which members are him, and why you think those members are him

*anyone who can accomplish perfect "a)" will negate anyone who tries letter "c)" unless someone who tries letter "c)" does so while holding a scouts honour throughout the video for no mentioned reason whatso ever, in which case they will negate anyone who does letter "b)", though letter "b)" can block if they dont use proper spelling or grammar in their posts (Must still be legible), and anyone who entertains me enough to make me "+1 super like" their post, will be entered as I see fit

we clear on the rules ?

then Ill take my fav 10 posts into the secret depths of the steward team cave and we shall vote on a winner,... unless im busy then ill just figure something out, or if im super busy ill just have Ed do it, and those that don't win can "boo" him whenever they see him around (Please don't "Boo" Ed for real, cept for one of you, one of you can cause it would be funny, but not the rest of you, K?)

any questions or comments are welcome, this thread is all about to derail anyway, so if you just want to share something funny while doing the usual "congrats on 10k posts" by all means, just keep it B&B friendly, and we are all good

Good Luck everyone

and glad to have the good fortune to have you all here !

*next leading brand also made by me to lower expectations so that I can legally claim and prove my 30%edness

I'm not in and I will publicly flog the first 10 members who boo me!

Just kidding...but seriously I'm not in and don't boo me! :tongue_sm

Congratulations on 10K and more, James! Couldn't be happier even if it was my own milestone! :thumbup:

I'm in! Muhahahaha sniped! First reply I win now gimmie my stufffzzzzz
k,... well that went fast... oh wait, no, so sorry Boro, you used an appropriate apostrophe in your work "Im", thats an instant DQ on the Im in post win,... fraid you will have to try one of the other ways

I'm not in and I will publicly flog the first 10 members who boo me!

Just kidding...but seriously I'm not in and don't boo me! :tongue_sm

Congratulations on 10K and more, James! Couldn't be happier even if it was my own milestone! :thumbup:

Thanks Ed, we will have an awesome thread party for you 10k post when you hit it, which at your current pace should be before years end now

K, So i went to the facebook to warn April her B&B PM box may blow up if people know who April is,... and she was all like "You know I can make you a batch if you ask", so I was all like "may I have a batch please" so I guess i get three chances to win my own PIF now,... sucks for youse guys, but stuff like this happens from time to time in my world, but then Im already a winner

Of home made Baklava, heck Ya !

that part of the rules is now closed

If I introduce you to something better IMHO to Baklava could I get the three entries? It's similar to Baklava, it's called Yanotiko ....so good if you can find it!

K, So i went to the facebook to warn April her B&B PM box may blow up if people know who April is,... and she was all like "You know I can make you a batch if you ask", so I was all like "may I have a batch please" so I guess i get three chances to win my own PIF now,... sucks for youse guys, but stuff like this happens from time to time in my world, but then Im already a winner

Of home made Baklava, heck Ya !

that part of the rules is now closed

Can we still get baklava though?

Cuz im inz!

If I introduce you to something better IMHO to Baklava could I get the three entries? It's similar to Baklava, it's called Yanotiko ....so good if you can find it!
Not sure you understand,.. April (Who lives in florida) bakes me a huge batch and fed ex over nights it to me here (In toronto),... so if you can bake and ship,... we can make a deal

Bribery is always allowed in my PIFS,... something the rest of these Bums could learn from

Just putting that out there

Not sure you understand,.. April (Who lives in florida) bakes me a huge batch and fed ex over nights it to me here (In toronto),... so if you can bake and ship,... we can make a deal

Bribery is always allowed in my PIFS,... something the rest of these Bums could learn from

Just putting that out there

bribery works for me. Pm an address....

Top Bottom