What's new

Who has a modified nib?

What did you have done and what do you think of it, oh, and who did the mods?

I'm waiting on a flex nib from Richard Binder that should be here Monday or Tuesday.
Im now wanting to have an italic nib ground down to a .7 oblique.

I do on a Lamy 2000 M and it was done by Pendleton Brown, I have to admit I wish I hadn't had it done.
There isn't anything wrong with the work I just prefer how the pen wrote before as to after.

My favorite is a Greg Minuskin fine stub on my Visconti Wall Street. Close runners up are a Binder Medium CI on a Pelikan M605 and a Binder 0.7 stub on a Stipula Etruria. Penleton has done some nib work for me, but I sold my Pendleton Point (I loved the nib but didn't like the pen).

I have a Richard Binder modified Parker Sonnet (cursive italic), and a Nathan Tardif modified Sheaffer Snorkel (stubbed).

I have a Richard Binder modified Parker Sonnet (cursive italic), and a Nathan Tardif modified Sheaffer Snorkel (stubbed).
I didn't know that Nathan Tardif did nib work...I thought he was just an ink man (Noodler's)! Is this something recent?

I have a broad cursive italic nib ground by Letta at Pendemonium. She does great work for a very resonable price. This is a standard modern German nib (Bock or JoWo) that came in a Taccia Momenta.

-Andy

View attachment 407552

$P1070906.jpg

View attachment 407554

I initially glossed over this post, because I didn't think I had anything to contribute. But my FC B&B Essential has a Masuyama medium stub! yay!

My FC B&B has a cursive italic from Masuyama, its great but if you hold it wrong it'll almost slice the paper it's so sharp

My Edison Beaumont has an EF nib tweaked for flow by Binder. I also had at one point a FC B&B Essential with a Masuyama needlepoint nib, but have since sold that pen off.

I got a Visconti Van Gogh and an M200 ground to butterline stubs by Pendleton Brown. The Visconti had a broad nib and the M200 had a medium. Both are nice. The Visconti is a pleasure to write with. The M200 is a little sharper. Fun definitely!

I have two modified nib, the first one I modified myself with the help of an over excited and attention wanting german Shepard as well as a hardwood floor...

And the second one is my parker vac which a lovely (so lovely) member here did for me making it a bit more crispy then usual

Top Bottom