What's new

mach 3 head from golden nib compatibility ?

I have DE shaving for three years now and enjoy it. But there are the days Ian running late and having to rush to get to work. I remember back when I used my mach 3 and served me well enough in those trying moments. The DE razors always leave me as if I stick my face in a blender. So I kinda wish to at least humor the idea to have the mach 3 as a back up for such situations.

I cannot seem to find my old mach 3 handle and really don't care to buy another if I can have my way. I saw that the golden nib has mach 3 head and kits, but the thread pattern is wrong for the idea of using a Gillette three piece handle.

So that leads into the idea, I want a mach 3 razor with a 10/32 threaded handle from a tech or any other three piece razors.

I know I have some serious Frankenstein issues with my razors, but I like to experiment.

It only happens when I try to rush. I forget to concentrate and end up either putting pressure on the razor or wrong angle. The normal daily shave is a pleasant two pass both with the grain, sometimes a third against the grain if there is anything left, but usually it is just spot touch ups.

I do not have any experience with the golden nib mach 3 heads. That being said, I would take a look at trac 2 razors. This is my go-to if my de in any situation where my de is not practical. Also, if you do look at the trac 2, personna makes some nice carts for them that are much less expensive than the Gillette counterparts.

I have DE shaving for three years now and enjoy it. But there are the days Ian running late and having to rush to get to work. I remember back when I used my mach 3 and served me well enough in those trying moments. The DE razors always leave me as if I stick my face in a blender. So I kinda wish to at least humor the idea to have the mach 3 as a back up for such situations.

I cannot seem to find my old mach 3 handle and really don't care to buy another if I can have my way. I saw that the golden nib has mach 3 head and kits, but the thread pattern is wrong for the idea of using a Gillette three piece handle.

So that leads into the idea, I want a mach 3 razor with a 10/32 threaded handle from a tech or any other three piece razors.

I know I have some serious Frankenstein issues with my razors, but I like to experiment.

I recall a weird combo razor that had cart heads and DE heads. But I can't remember exactly where I found it. If I have a chance later, I will look through my old posts.

Seems like what you really need is some sort of adapter that screws onto the DE and snaps into a Mach 3 cart (or the cart of your choosing).

While I rarely use it anymore, my solution is the Fusion ProGlide Styler that pairs a beard trimmer with the Fusion cart. This allows me still get some use out of it, even if I'm not shaving with it. Also, for me, it is by far the best cartridge system and handle I have ever used. But as you know, YMMV.

Top Bottom