What's new

Shave theme: shave like a pirate

So. Ya pirates. There cool. And I'm having some trouble finding pirate scented soaps and after shaves (sandalwood. Bay rum) most of the ones I find are very low rated. Any recommendations for well preforming soaps and after shaves that won't break the bank?

Pirates weren't known for their shaving, or their immaculate grooming habits. But, you can try shaving with a cutlass:biggrin1:. But seriously, how about Captain's Choice Cat O'Nine Tails. Clubman VIBR , and any coconut and or lime scented soaps, creams or AS. Good luck, AARG!

Captain's Choice AS? About as piratey as they come - use the CO9T for extra 'aaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhh' :bayrum2:

Creams and soaps are easier - there's the RazoRock Captain's Choice, or Sandalwood creams from TOBS, GFT, AOS, or Proraso.

$ogallala bay rum july 15 2013.jpg

I have just purchase a Bluebeards Revenge Synthetic brush which I hope will arrive today or tomorrow. Got some vegan soap at the same time ... as well as all that I only have one eye so I guess that makes me the B&B Vegan Pirate!

I second the suggestions for Captain Choice Aftershaves. All of them are pretty piratey. Also, Mike's makes a Bay Rum soap that is wonderful.

Ogallala sandalwood and bayrum, Ogallala limes and peppercorns, col. Conk is ok but I'm allergic, clubman is pretty old. Probably if a pirate came o to town and got cleaned up he just smelled like whatever the shop had handy.

But yeah, not a lot of well shaven pirates...:boat:

To shave like a pirate, you need to ride a Harley Davidson, wear leg chaps and say- "arrrr matey" as you order another (7th or 8th) round at the bar. Then hop back on your iron horse, and wobble to the next bar. :)

I had a straight once and trust me that with only one eye it's best to leave that big sharp blade to others. I never cut myself but I scared myself stupid the couple of times I used it.

Captain hook was always clean shaven. Other than the sweet stash that is.

You know, it's funny you mention that. I was watching Disney's Peter Pan with my fiancé (she loves Disney movies, and was determined that I couldn't go through life without seeing Peter Pan). In his introductory scene, Mr. Smee is giving Captain Hook a shave with a mug, brush, and straight razor. Melanie's thought (which she said out loud)? "Haha, he just shaved a seagull's butt!" My thoughts (which I also voiced)? "I wonder what kind of straight that is. Looks like a stubby wedge, maybe a Wade and Butcher, maybe a Bokker. Holy crap he went fast! I could never go that fast, and never with my eyes closed or while talking to someone! I wonder if that would really work, stropping on a shoe? Of course, shoes had leather soles back then, so maybe..." I went on for about 5 minutes. I may have a problem...

Last edited:
You know, it's funny you mention that. I was watching Disney's Peter Pan with my fiancé (she loves Disney movies, and was determined that I couldn't go through life without seeing Peter Pan). In his introductory scene, Mr. Smee is giving Captain Hook a shave with a mug, brush, and straight razor. Melanie's thought (which she said out loud)? "Haha, he just shaved a seagull's butt!" My thoughts (which I also voiced)? "I wonder what kind of straight that is. Looks like a stubby wedge, maybe a Wade and Butcher, maybe a Bokker. Holy crap he went fast! I could never go that fast, and never with my eyes closed or while talking to someone! I wonder if that would really work, stropping on a shoe? Of course, shoes had leather soles back then, so maybe..." I went on for about 5 minutes. I may have a problem...

So did you add this to the shave themed movies thread?

Top Bottom