What's new

Will I ever get to my own razors?

Hi Guys,

Here in old England, we have a saying - 'Cobbler's kid's shoes always need mending' (I'm sure there will be similar ones all over the world) and I think it certainly applies here.

I lifted the lid on my own 'to be restored' box of razors!

One day in 2014 I'll get around to my own razors, I've promised myself :)

There's quire a variety in the box now.

proxy.php

Hi Guys,

Here in old England, we have a saying - 'Cobbler's kid's shoes always need mending' (I'm sure there will be similar ones all over the world) and I think it certainly applies here.

No further comments on your very interesting box of razors :001_smile ... but here the saying is: "bij de loodgieter lekken alle kranen" :001_smile

Too funny. Although I've never used your service thanks for making time to be available;) One day....
My thoughts exactly! It is only a matter of time before I find a razor that will need to be re-plated in rhodium. When that day comes, I appreciate the fact that I can cut in line in front of all of those magnificaent razors.:001_tt2:

Edit: I have been racking my brain trying to think of an American version of the British cobbler (or Dutch plumber) saying. So far, I'm coming up empty.
Any fellow Yanks have any thoughts?

Last edited:
Edit: I have been racking my brain trying to think of an American version of the British cobbler (or Dutch plummer) saying. So far, I'm coming up empty.
Any fellow Yanks have any thoughts?

Kinda like "Never buy a car from a mechanic".

Shame on you for keeping them that way, Shame, Shame, Shame.

Now send them to me for proper care and love, and if your nice I might let you replate them :eek:p

Seriously, Thanks for all your work and help around here :eek:)

Good question! IMO, I'd go for that #77/88 in either silver or rhodium.
I totally feel your pain!

+1
The #77 in rhodium. The Single Ring looks OK as it is. But what about that Tuckaway in the upper right corner? We need to see inside the case to make a final determination ...

Hi Guys,

Would you believe that I have around the same number of Straight Razors awaiting attention too!

Last evening, I found myself just about to bid on another Ebay razor, then I thought, 'leave it to someone else, you have enough to last for several lifetimes already'!

Hi Guys,

Would you believe that I have around the same number of Straight Razors awaiting attention too!

Last evening, I found myself just about to bid on another Ebay razor, then I thought, 'leave it to someone else, you have enough to last for several lifetimes already'!

haha...Good call on that one,but the question is...will you be able to keep it that way for long?? :lol:

Top Bottom