What's new

Morning Tobaccon Choices

Okay, I am in a dilemma. I have recently run out of Early Morning Pipe. SWMBO is having a hard time grasping that I need to order more because it just fits perfectly for my morning commute. Great flavor, just the right amount of nicotine (mild), and requires very little maintenance while smoking.

I am curious to know what you who do smoke in the morning prefer as your morning pipe. So spout off your wake-me-up baccy choices.

Not to copy the Most Interesting Man in The World...but...I don't always smoke in the morning, but when I do, it's Two Friends English Chocolate. The subtle cocoa/chocolate flavor and aroma are perfect for the AM hours. If you drink coffee, I hear it pairs quite nicely.

My daily work commute smoke is Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic. It's also an easy smoking blend that needs minimal maintenance in the bowl for me. I prefer the light aromatic in the morning, English style blends are definitely an afternoon/after dinner type smoke, as they generally feel heavier and more robust for me.

Not to copy the Most Interesting Man in The World...but...I don't always smoke in the morning, but when I do, it's Two Friends English Chocolate. The subtle cocoa/chocolate flavor and aroma are perfect for the AM hours. If you drink coffee, I hear it pairs quite nicely.

My daily work commute smoke is Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic. It's also an easy smoking blend that needs minimal maintenance in the bowl for me. I prefer the light aromatic in the morning, English style blends are definitely an afternoon/after dinner type smoke, as they generally feel heavier and more robust for me.

Thanks for the replies. I understand about not wanting a heavier blend in the morning. I just really enjoyed my EMP. I only have a couple of aromatics in my inventory. I might have to try them out on the commute.

Any others want to chime in?

A lot of aro's are too wet and need a lot of fussing to be good for road trip/commute smokes. I'm not even sure I've encountered others that are pretty low maint enough to work, past the SRW stuff.

I really enjoy Dan Tobacco's Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend in the morning. It's probably considered medium to medium-high in the nicotine department, but that's what I usually want in the morning. It smokes very easily.

I just finished a bowl of John Patton's "Moe's Confetti", which is a very tasty morning smoke, especially with a cup of coffee. It's on the sweet side, but not syrupy sweet. It burns perfectly for me, with very little fuss.

Come on, you must have known while posting that that we would ask this:
Why does it matter what she thinks about it, and how is ordering a different brand going to satisfy her meddling?

Come on, you must have known while posting that that we would ask this:
Why does it matter what she thinks about it, and how is ordering a different brand going to satisfy her meddling?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. It isn't the brand, it is the amount of tobacco I already have in inventory. I get the whole "well you have a bunch of tobacco already. Why do you need more? Can't you smoke the stuff you have?"

I like Solani's Aged Burley Flake with a cup of joe in the a.m.

I am with you on this. Just enough vitamin N to get me ready for my commute and does go well with a cup of coffee.

I enjoy my EMP as well Riff, had one this morning on my way to work.

This is why I don't tell SWMBO anything. I run low on something, I just get more. SWMBO sure isn't going to check and see that I've ordered anything new. It's not like SWMBO does anything around the house anyway. Putting away tins, checking on the levels of baccy in jars, bringing in the mail, opening packages to see what is in them... SWMBO isn't going to do any of it. I feel like ordering something? I order it.
Also, there is no SWMBO...

This is why I don't tell SWMBO anything. I run low on something, I just get more. SWMBO sure isn't going to check and see that I've ordered anything new. It's not like SWMBO does anything around the house anyway. Putting away tins, checking on the levels of baccy in jars, bringing in the mail, opening packages to see what is in them... SWMBO isn't going to do any of it. I feel like ordering something? I order it.

:biggrin1:

Yeah, I'm kind of happy I don't have a SWMBO. That way when I do, they know full well what they're getting into.

Plus... by the time I get one, I'll probably have enough brown leaf to last a life time.

In Japan, they have weird rules, and I can't live with her until the marriage documents are signed. So we both have separate apartments. And it's not bad at all :)

I smoke anytime I want in mine and I brought a camping chair for her balcony. She does have a say of what I smoke when she's in the car though. She's picky with the room notes. ;)

In Japan, they have weird rules, and I can't live with her until the marriage documents are signed. So we both have separate apartments. And it's not bad at all :)

I smoke anytime I want in mine and I brought a camping chair for her balcony. She does have a say of what I smoke when she's in the car though. She's picky with the room notes. ;)

Many men would envy your arrangement, Andrew! :wink2:

Now THAT is the real trick, isn't it! Change is coming, brother! It's just a matter of time.:001_smile

Top Bottom