What's new

If you had to use one shaving brush for the rest of your life.

I only have 4, so I guess I'd pick my Simpson's Colonel. I'm sure there are better brushes, I find the Colonel to suit me well. Semougue Owners Club in boar would be my close second. The others I own are a Edwin Jagger in best from Crabtree and Evelyn (not a bad brush and great for creams) and a Simpson's Case for travel. I see many great looking custom brushes, but I'm all set and don't really desire to have more.

Narrowed down to Chubby 1 Best, Duke 3 Best or Savile Row Silvertip 3120. I may get back with you if I can narrow it to one.

That is a hard one. I have some brushes I enjoy using in different lather making techniques

One eh?!?!?!?!

This is one that is not in my favorites list for any lathering method but it is one that I could live with and still make lather on my face, in a bowl, in a dish... anywhere. NOT my favorite brush but the one brush I could live with as an only brush

Da Vinci 293 bead handle

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/297253-Da-Vinci-293-Bead-Handle-Brush-Review

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bowl lathering with it......

proxy.php

Face lathering with it.....

proxy.php

That is a hard one. I have some brushes I enjoy using in different lather making techniques

One eh?!?!?!?!

This is one that is not in my favorites list for any lathering method but it is one that I could live with and still make lather on my face, in a bowl, in a dish... anywhere. NOT my favorite brush but the one brush I could live with as an only brush

Da Vinci 293 bead handle

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/297253-Da-Vinci-293-Bead-Handle-Brush-Review

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bowl lathering with it......

proxy.php

Face lathering with it.....

proxy.php

DaVinci UOMO 293. This is also my brush of choice. It does everything great, not perfect but great. For me it is a great all around brush and worth double what I paid.

I also own the DaVinci UOMO 290

If you had to use one shaving brush for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
That would be the brush I use daily for the last 14 years....and older AoS pure badger travel sized brush. Why? Well there must be some reason I continue to use that brush to this day.....my face loves it, it works, it's like an old trusted friend, it's what I know best. Enough said!:wink2:

Manchurian Mountain Badger-Stubby with short loft. I've tried many a brush and this one suits me more than any other. Why? It gives a good scrub, makes a lot of lather, releases it nicely, not a lather hog, pushes back nicely and does not collapse. It is a joy to use. Of course this is very subjective. You will have many answers and none will be the same. There is a popular saying here amongst members that is very true and covers it all; YMMV or your milage may vary. Good luck on your search.
Vic
$IMG_0495.JPG$IMG_0491.JPG

Last edited:
Today, if I had to pick a single brush from the stable and use it every day forever and ever amen, I think it would be my Rudy Vey 2012 B&B LE (Shavemac D01).

My Rudy Vey Tulip 4 in butterscotch with a 32mm Finest fan knot. Soft tips, great backbone and a beautiful fan-shaped knot set in a great handle.
$tulip.jpg

Da Vinci 293 bead handle

I might agree with this one, a very very nice brush is certainly top shelf however I think my TI silver tip 26mm in black horn takes the award...

$TI-BR-2-BK.jpg

the ultimate soft and plush ultra-blooming brush. better then even my plissons high mountains and heritage brushes.

Top Bottom