What's new

feedback request.

Ok so, the hair under my chin/on my neck mostly grows down and to my right, anywhere from 80 to 40 degrees from straight down, and I've been having a hard time shaving it close enough for my liking. I can get it equally close to how I used to with a cartridge, but the rest of my face us considerably closer so I'm not satisfied!

I feel l like the main issue is getting the razor at the proper angle, which I'm having trouble hiding it right, so I kinda flipped it around in my hand just now, is this considered poor form? Or is it more of a whatever works thing and this is fine?

I took this right after I finished cleaning up:
$IMAG0080.jpg

Not at all, have at it! You can also change hands if that gives you a better angle. tilting your head up hard will stretch the skin in that area giving you better access to the beard.

Thanks for the responses!
When I was actually shaving I was leaning forwards a little more and tilting my head up some, just couldn't for the picture haha. Switching hands makes me nervous, I can do some things with me left hand i'm just not sure if shaving is goingto be one of them!
This was the closest shave I've gotten yet under my jaw line though so that's awesome!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You wouldn't believe some of the weird grips and facial contortions (along with stretching) I use when shaving.
Basically, if it works for you, then it's right.

I first tried using both hands to shave, but now simply use one.

When shaving against gravity, think of the natural pressure the razor exerts by its weight alone on a downwards pass, and keep in mind that a tiny bit of artificial pressure is needed to simulate that natural weight / pressure.

Welcome to B&B!

As a couple other have mentioned, in difficult areas like that we can learn a little from straight razor shaving and either tilt our head or use our other hand to pull the skin a little tighter and possibly over into an area that makes it easier to shave. Ultimately, as long as you have a good angle and not too much pressure (but enough to keep the blade in constant contact), you should be fine

I hold my razor a bunch of different ways.

What ever it takes to get er done I say:001_smile

Are you stretching your skin in the problem areas? Use your free hand to slightly pull the skin. This will help the whiskers stand up, create a flatter shaving area, which results in a closer shave. You do not have to pull your throat past your ear, just keep it taught

The main area I use my other hand to stretch out my skin is the back corners of my jaw, otherwise I mostly just tild my head away from the area I'm shaving...
I'm definately going to continue to perfect that hand position then, and like I saw another newbie say, I wish my beard would grow faster so I could shave again, which is most defintitely something I've never thought before!

"Semper Paratus"

The main area I use my other hand to stretch out my skin is the back corners of my jaw, otherwise I mostly just tild my head away from the area I'm shaving...
I'm definately going to continue to perfect that hand position then, and like I saw another newbie say, I wish my beard would grow faster so I could shave again, which is most defintitely something I've never thought before!

"Semper Paratus"
Thank you for enlisting in military to keep us safe, we appreciate your bravery.

Welcome and thanks for your service. As you become more comfortable and develop confidence with the razor you'll be able to manipulate it more effectively to meet your needs.

Top Bottom