What's new

Shaving Factory Shave Soap?

I own and operate a modern barbershop, which also retails wet shaving supplies. Just last week, I ordered this shaving soap from our supplier to hopefully retail in our store, but it has to pass our stringent product testing first. I'll try and keep you posted as to the effectiveness of this product.

As far as Shaving Factory products, we do retail their DE Razor, which is a good, introductory razor... similar in quality to the Weishi or One Razor by Micro Touch. Nothing fancy about their DE razors, but they do make great travel razors or razors to get others introduced to wet shaving. Their barber shavettes are average, but work for what they are.

I own and operate a modern barbershop, which also retails wet shaving supplies. Just last week, I ordered this shaving soap from our supplier to hopefully retail in our store, but it has to pass our stringent product testing first. I'll try and keep you posted as to the effectiveness of this product.

As far as Shaving Factory products, we do retail their DE Razor, which is a good, introductory razor... similar in quality to the Weishi or One Razor by Micro Touch. Nothing fancy about their DE razors, but they do make great travel razors or razors to get others introduced to wet shaving. Their barber shavettes are average, but work for what they are.

Thanks! I will really appreciate that!

Here's my quick review on the Shaving Factory Shave Soap:

As you can see in the photos, it's packaged inside of a plastic wrap, then in the box. The cake of shave soap itself is smaller (1.75oz or 50g). Immediately I could smell it's aroma... much like ARKO shave stick, but reminded me more of Williams shave soap. It has that, "Lemony-verbena" type scent, which is very strong in the Shaving Factory soap. I would say it is almost identical to the Derby Shave soap/stick aroma, and being that it's a Shaving Factory soap, I'll bet that it's the same soap as Derby.

The puck size was similar to the Williams size, although not at thick as Williams. Anyway... I placed the puck down inside an apothecary shave mug, filled it with hot water, and let my shave brush soak in that for a few minutes. When soaking was complete, I dumped the water from the mug, shook excess water from the brush, and built the lather that you see in the picture. Again, it reminded me so much of the Derby shave soap in slickness, feel, and of course... the aroma. It lathered very quickly and easily.

Those who like the ARKO/DERBY/Turkish type of shave sticks and/or shave soaps, their effectiveness, and their aromas, Will most likely enjoy shaving with the Shaving Factory Shave Soap as well.

$IMG_0291.jpg$IMG_0292.jpg$IMG_0293.JPG

Ingredients Listed as follows: Potassium tallowate, Potassium cocoate, Stearic acid, Sodyum palm kernelate, Aqua, Disodium distrylbiphenly disulfonate, Cl 77891, Paraffinum liquidum, Parfum, Geraniol, Benzyl alcohol, Linalool glycerin

Quoted from the sides of the box, "Does not dry on your face, but leaves skin soft and smooth", and, "Use hot water and a good quality brush for luxurious, whisker-softening lather. Leaves skin feeling smooth and soft."

Last edited:
Here's my quick review on the Shaving Factory Shave Soap:

As you can see in the photos, it's packaged inside of a plastic wrap, then in the box. The cake of shave soap itself is smaller (1.75oz or 50g). Immediately I could smell it's aroma... much like ARKO shave stick, but reminded me more of Williams shave soap. It has that, "Lemony-verbena" type scent, which is very strong in the Shaving Factory soap. I would say it is almost identical to the Derby Shave soap/stick aroma, and being that it's a Shaving Factory soap, I'll bet that it's the same soap as Derby.

The puck size was similar to the Williams size, although not at thick as Williams. Anyway... I placed the puck down inside an apothecary shave mug, filled it with hot water, and let my shave brush soak in that for a few minutes. When soaking was complete, I dumped the water from the mug, shook excess water from the brush, and built the lather that you see in the picture. Again, it reminded me so much of the Derby shave soap in slickness, feel, and of course... the aroma. It lathered very quickly and easily.

Those who like the ARKO/DERBY/Turkish type of shave sticks and/or shave soaps, their effectiveness, and their aromas, Will most likely enjoy shaving with the Shaving Factory Shave Soap as well.

Ingredients Listed as follows: Potassium tallowate, Potassium cocoate, Stearic acid, Sodyum palm kernelate, Aqua, Disodium distrylbiphenly disulfonate, Cl 77891, Paraffinum liquidum, Parfum, Geraniol, Benzyl alcohol, Linalool glycerin

Quoted from the sides of the box, "Does not dry on your face, but leaves skin soft and smooth", and, "Use hot water and a good quality brush for luxurious, whisker-softening lather. Leaves skin feeling smooth and soft."

Thanks! I decided to add a puck to my amazon order a few days ago, can't wait to try it!

could it be possible that they actually used derby?

Thanks! I decided to add a puck to my amazon order a few days ago, can't wait to try it!

could it be possible that they actually used derby?

Well, I just got done shaving with the Shaving Factory Shave Soap, and I couldn't stop thinking of how much it reminded me of how Derby Shave Stick/Soap smells, and shaves. This soap has a very strong lemon-verbena aroma... did I mention that it is strong? It shaves exactly like the Derby soaps. The soap itself is not hard like Williams, but more soft, like Arko, although not quite as moldable as Arko, but more so than Williams. After my shave, I checked the ingredients on the side of my Derby shave soap tub, and would you believe the Shaving Factory Soap and Derby shave soap have the exact same ingredients, and they are listed in exactly the same order.

So, the Shaving Factory shave soap is the same as Derby shave soap.

If I remember clearly the Shaving Factory is a part of the Derby marketing in the US. A onetime member used to sell Derby blades before they became readily available. So no real shock that the soap is sourced from Derby. Thanks for the review.

Top Bottom