What's new

New Job, New shoe advice needed

I'm currently waiting on the word from a contracting agency about a new job that will require me to walk around pretty much all day, and occasionally do a little running (just short distances). The dress daily will be khaki or earth-toned tactical pants and a polo. I have previously owned a pair of Merrell Jungle Mocs in the sand color that fit the bill perfectly, but was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for alternative options that might fit the bill.

Dansko. You know the clogs that are popular with female medical professionals? The company makes shoes of all different styles, and they are very very comfortable, sturdy, and durable. I teach high school and am on my feet most of the day, and I swear by them. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

Merrell Earths would work, I think.

I really like the idea of sticking with slip-ons if I can get away with it. The only reason that I am considering getting away from the Jungle Mocs is because they didn't take wear particularly well (i.e. get dirty very easily)

They may be more "dressy" than you're looking for, but I've found Ecco's to be very comfortable. Clarks are good as well.

Hijacking the thread here, sorry....you wouldn't be going to work with Col. Grossman would you??

Also, if you want a slip on, ECCO Creeks are certainly worth taking a look at. Not cheap, but well worth the asking price (or at least I think so)
http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-C...ult,pd.html?dwvar_833114_color=58064#cgid=men

No, I wish I had the chance to work with Col. Grossman. I'm actually going to be a Senior Military Science Instructor at a university where he was once the Professor of Military Science. Its a great honor just to have the chance to teach in the same building that he did.

Top Bottom