What's new

Proraso Sensitive after shave balm vs Proraso Refresh

I have not tried either product yet, but I did get a smell of the Proraso refresh AS and I was impressed. Does the balm also have a nice scent as well? Perhaps the balm is better for winter?

I have not tried either product yet, but I did get a smell of the Proraso refresh AS and I was impressed. Does the balm also have a nice scent as well? Perhaps the balm is better for winter?

No, the Proraso white balm has a faint scent similar to the tub soap, that dissipates within minutes. Good for people who don't like strongly scented stuff or want to use a different scent on top of it. In contrast, the AS lotion has a fairly strong cologne scent that also lasts for hours.

To me, the white balm smells citrus-y and a bit 'green', if that makes sense. It's a fresh, faint scent similar to the other products from the white range. It seems to last about an hour on me, but you'd have to be close to smell it.

I haven't used the balm in the summer yet, but I'd imagine it would work pretty well all year round. The splash has menthol in it, so I tend to use it less now it's getting colder. I like a cooling effect, but in the cold wind it's a bit much.

I have been using the balm in during this winter and it has been doing a great job.
To me the balm has a pretty strong smell and i would agree with matt on his description.
The Wife actually can smell it on me very easily, though it does only last for about an hour as stated above.

just used both this morning while fighting a winter sniffle.
these are not mutually exclusive, actually quite complementary
excellent moisturizing and refreshing products

proxy.php

Top Bottom