What's new

Tradere Razors

A lot of people praise them, but I had the Tradere SB and found the head to be less than comfortable, and it rusted too.

I've got a 2nd generation Tradere OC & it's my favourite razor. Mine was an Ebay purchase, so cost 2/3 of the price a new one, but even at full price it would be worth it to me. I have never had any rust issues with mine & the build quality is superb.

I have a Tradere SB. It is classically described as moderately aggressive but I found it on the mild side. It finds a shaving angle easily enough- mine definitely never had any rust issues though.

Overall I prefer more aggressive razors to it (like the Fatip or the Above the tie H plates.

In the US there are two distributors: West Coast Shaving and BullGoose Shaving. Both are sold out and have been for quite awhile. I've been trying to get a new 2nd Gen Open Comb for some time to no avail. :a7:

Anyone ever use one of these? What did you think? Was it worth the money?

I have owned at one time or another, the Tradere SB, 1st generation OC, and 2nd generation OC. I still have the last one. The build quality is second-to-none. I really like the OC -- smooth and medium-aggressive. I hope they crank up production soon, there are many people waiting in line to buy one!

I have owned at one time or another, the Tradere SB, 1st generation OC, and 2nd generation OC. I still have the last one. The build quality is second-to-none. I really like the OC -- smooth and medium-aggressive. I hope they crank up production soon, there are many people waiting in line to buy one!

What was the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation OCs?

I have a 1st gen OC which I use reasonably regularly and it has had no issues rusting, etc., but I ignored a lot of things while on sabbatical this past year and so I didn't notice that there was a 2nd gen.

I'm one of them. I think.

In the US there are two distributors: West Coast Shaving and BullGoose Shaving. Both are sold out and have been for quite awhile. I've been trying to get a new 2nd Gen Open Comb for some time to no avail. :a7:

You should check with Pasteur's Pharmacy in NYC. I bought a 2nd Gen OC about 2 weeks ago at their Lexington and 63rd st location. They had two left as of then. PM me if you need any details or a phone number.

I have and use a second-generation Tradere SB razor.

In my opinion, this is the finest modern razor on the market. I haven't found anything else that has this combination of beauty, efficiency, and extreme smoothness during the shave. It's just outstanding.

I avoid the rust issue by removing the blade after each and every shave, and drying the razor parts. I also store them outside the bathroom, and I store the razor in pieces so there is plenty of air circulation. No rust at all.

Confession: I actually use my Fatboy to hold the blade between shaves. This used to be my favorite razor and now it's been relegated to blade-holding duty so I can use my Tradere.

Worth every penny, in my opinion.

I had a Tradere OC 1.gen which I recently sold on B/S/T as I has just been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. It's a great razor but liked others better : Mergress, iKon OC, ATT

What was the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation OCs?

I have a 1st gen OC which I use reasonably regularly and it has had no issues rusting, etc., but I ignored a lot of things while on sabbatical this past year and so I didn't notice that there was a 2nd gen.

The consensus opinion is that the 1st generation OC is slightly more aggressive than the 2nd gen. I did extensive side-by-side testing and failed to detect any difference at all. Maybe I'm just not that perceptive. I sold the 1st gen version, to be honest, because its rarity made it more valuable.

I love my SB. It's probably the easiest DE razor to use that I own. Could get a CCS half asleep with it, just really intuitive to find the shaving angle and very smooth.

Top Bottom