What's new

Aveda After Shave Balm (review discussion)

I haven't used Aveda's products since I started wetshaving, but, from what I remember, both the cream and a/s were great. I don't have it available to do a review myself, and, at $18, I'm not considering it, but I agree with this review; it's better than okay! :biggrin:

Yeah, I saw that it hadn't been reviewed officially and I had a spare $20 to spend.

I have found that I really like the stuff and see myself buying another bottle. Also, for 2 weeks of daily use - the level in the bottle hasn't really gone down all that much (was full to kink in the neck brand new) so this product may have some legs to it.

Thanks for taking the risk and writing the review. I use Aveda Hair products. I'm pleased to see that I can buy this with confidence too.

Thanks for taking the risk and writing the review. I use Aveda Hair products. I'm pleased to see that I can buy this with confidence too.

Happy to do so. I grabbed this on simply based on a picture of a persons shaving supplies on another message board that I am on. I saw it on his sink, and was like 'well, I have an Aveda in my local mall, I'll give it a whirl!'

I am glad I did, and I had fun writing my first (of many) review.

I've had a bottle of this stuff for about a year, and I used it almost exclusively before I started with the DE. I still use it, but I actually have found that it works better for me as a pre-shave. I keep the bottle in my shower and put about 4 pumps on my face at the beginning and let it steam in for a few minutes. By the time I'm out, I'm ready to go. As with all of Aveda's products, you know you are getting first rate quality.

I've had a bottle of this stuff for about a year, and I used it almost exclusively before I started with the DE. I still use it, but I actually have found that it works better for me as a pre-shave. I keep the bottle in my shower and put about 4 pumps on my face at the beginning and let it steam in for a few minutes. By the time I'm out, I'm ready to go. As with all of Aveda's products, you know you are getting first rate quality.

I'll try it as a pre-shave tonight :)

I bought a bottle of this about 6 years ago, still have plenty left. So this tells you what I think of this stuff.
It smells like an Aveda store, which I don't mind. It relieves my razor burn for about one minute and then it's back again. It has zero moisturizing properties for me and my skin drinks the stuff. I can put about 3 or 4 pumps of this stuff on and in about a minute you wouldn't know the difference. It does feel nice for the first 10 seconds.

Interesting? I will try it but it dries fairly quickly. i use a preshave oil that i have custom made...mostly grapeseed-castor-safflower- and EO's. Will try it..who knows:)

If you apply this stuff to a dry face as a pre-shave, it will indeed dry up before you have a chance to apply lather. Apply it while you're in the shower or after you rinse your face and let it sit on your wet skin for a minute while you get your brush and whatnot situated. As a pre-shave, it is comparable with Skin Food, IMO.

Top Bottom