What's new

Gold Dachs Rivivage Shaving Soap Flakes?

Just ordered some on a whim as I search for another soap to try. Does anyone have anything to offer in the form of an opinion or a review?

Thanks,

Frank

Always heard they are very good. I have almost pulled the trigger on them many times. Never had complaints with German soaps. Try appear more natural, veggie based and lather like crazy.

Always heard they are very good. I have almost pulled the trigger on them many times. Never had complaints with German soaps. Try appear more natural, veggie based and lather like crazy.

Thanks for the response. Sadly, I am coming off a poor reaction to MWF after trying to make it work. I currently use many different creams and Cella with great success. But having a new scuttle given to me yesterday, I want to give traditional soap a try again. And, the flaked Rivivage would be an excellent fit for filling the soap cup on my new scuttle.

Hope to make my own positive report in a few days.

Frank

It's the same soap as the Gold Dachs puck but it's been grated. Personally, I think the puck is a better value. I've been using the same puck in my rotation for a few years now. Gold Dachs has always been a great performer for me and it will always have a spot in my den

It's the same soap as the Gold Dachs puck but it's been grated. Personally, I think the puck is a better value. I've been using the same puck in my rotation for a few years now. Gold Dachs has always been a great performer for me and it will always have a spot in my den

Could you please give me (us) your impression of the scent of this soap? Is there something that I could compare it to? As an aside, I purchased the flakes so that I could press it into the soap lid that came with my new scuttle from Schwarzweisskeramik.

Thanks for any input that you would be willing to share.

Frank

Gold Dachs Rivivage/Spezial has a nice clean soapy scent. On my skin the scent lingers for a short time. My nose can't really pick up any dominant scent notes but it does smell nice.

Gold Dachs Sandalholtz (Sandalwood) has a very nice dry woody sandalwood scent. To my nose it is not overly sweet like some sandalwood soaps. There is a third scent called Macho, but I haven't smelled it in a long time and I don't remember what it smells like. For me, the performance of the other two scents was the same as Spezial.

This is the typical lather I get from Gold Dachs.
proxy.php

Congrats on the S-scuttle!
Gold Dachs Spezial is quite nice. I find it refreshing, soapy, and at some level savory (herbal?) scented. Creates a beautiful lather as you can see from Chris's shots (wow!). I bought the puck with the tin but i'm sure the flakes would perform similarly.

I haven't had the chance to try Gold
Dachs, though it sounds nice

You can grate any hard soap with a Cheese grater if you are concerned
About fit. It's just soap, it will wash off. You don't need to dedicate one To soap

Xillion,

What a wonderful review with pictures. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us all the feedback on this soap. I selected it "on the blind" and am really eager to get it and try it out thanks to what you have posted here.

This is why B&B is such a great place. You have members here that care enough to help one another out and take time to post pictures like Xillion just did. Wonderful!

Frank

Congrats on the S-scuttle!
Gold Dachs Spezial is quite nice. I find it refreshing, soapy, and at some level savory (herbal?) scented. Creates a beautiful lather as you can see from Chris's shots (wow!). I bought the puck with the tin but i'm sure the flakes would perform similarly.

Thank you for your reflections on the scent of this soap. I had a little trouble with skin irritation using MWF but loved the great lather and scent that it provided. I hope that this soap will not end up like that.

Frank

Top Bottom