What's new

Skin Moisturizer Only!

The title says pretty much everything.

For some time now I have been able to get a very close shave with Lord blades, a Feather Double Edge Shaving Razor (the plastic one), and olive oil. No brush.
However, I always had unacceptable irritation and itinerant blotchiness.
For some reason about a week ago I tried shaving with ONLY skin moisturizer cream: Nivea for men.
I applied once, waited a few minutes, then applied again for a WTG pass, then again for a X / ATG clean up, rinsed, applied a final time for post-shave.
The results have been nothing short of spectacular! Irritation is essentially nonexistent and the shave is the closest that I have ever had!
Those of you who find irritation to be a chronic problem may want to give this a try.

Doc....glad you got some good results with the moisturizer......but...why not just use a brushless shave cream or maybe Kirk's or glycerin soaps. Using olive oil alone.....much of a man!!!!!! Semper-fi ....Mike

Doc....glad you got some good results with the moisturizer......but...why not just use a brushless shave cream or maybe Kirk's or glycerin soaps. Using olive oil alone.....much of a man!!!!!! Semper-fi ....Mike

Thanks for the reply.
I had the moisturizer handy and I can get it dirt cheap at many places. I also work with some real scent Nazis!
I'm sure that your suggestions would get me there too though.

Top Bottom