What's new

Best blade for THIN hair, daily shave

Hi,
I'm a newby in DE, and trying blades for my shave (thin hair, sensitive skin, and daily shave): would you mind to give me your impressions about gentle but effective blades, good for an everyday shaving (7/7, 12/12) without messing my face? Using normally EJ89, Lord 6.
Thank you for your advices.

Gentle + Effective = Pol Silver Super Iridiums. This is THE blade that every new and experienced shaver will have in his den.

Frank

Gentle + Effective = Pol Silver Super Iridiums. This is THE blade that every new and experienced shaver will have in his den.

Frank

Hmmm! Debatable but I will not.

What blades have you tried knecht? I have a friend with thin hair and he loves Derby Extras. It's great because they are super cheep. What Razor are you using?

"Best blade for a daily shave without messing my face?"

The result you are looking for (efficient, safe, comfortable daily shave) is more about your own prep and technique. I can't overstate that. There is no best blade for that as each person is individual. The best blade for you will be determined by you. But if you want ideas on blades to try I will recommend Astra Superior Platinum and Personna Super.

Hmmm! Debatable but I will not.
w
What blades have you tried knecht? I have a friend with thin hair and he loves Derby Extras. It's great because they are super cheep. What Razor are you using?
I tried Shark SP, Derby, Astra SP, Treet normal ones, on an EJ DE89, a Lord 6 Premium, Weishi, and, little ago, a Fatip - just to try the OC inebriation and effectiveness. With the mild ones, too many passes and consequentely little nicks; with the latter, great closeness, but also burns and weepers

mswofford

Rest in Peace
"Best blade for a daily shave without messing my face?"

The result you are looking for (efficient, safe, comfortable daily shave) is more about your own prep and technique. I can't overstate that. There is no best blade for that as each person is individual. The best blade for you will be determined by you. But if you want ideas on blades to try I will recommend Astra Superior Platinum and Personna Super.
Excellent advice! I would like to add to Steve's recommendations that you stick with one set-up for a couple of weeks while you watch your technique improve. Constant switching will keep you from enjoying real progress.

Actually I notice I'm improving my skills, but surely you are right about method: though, sometimes I like so much to play with so a huge amount of options, and tryying to discoveering quick my shaving Graals!

I too have thin, fine, hair (but lots of it)

Astra SS
Gillette 7 oclock black
Derbys are a good daily driver too because you can switch them out often before they start deteriorating(quickly they do).

Top Bottom