What's new

cheap #58

Just a few weeks ago I saw a rocket #58 sell for £36 on ebay. It was in really good condition with case and free postage worldwide!. Just a few years ago I saw one go for £80 or thereabouts. Are vintage razors getting cheaper? Or was that just someone striking lucky?

Do you have a link to the one that sold a few weeks ago? It was probably poorly listed by the seller resulting in a low selling price.

The #58 occupies a strange space between highly desirable and salable Aristocrat and more common Rocket. Sometimes it will sell for Aristocrat prices, sometimes it sells for Rocket prices.

Personally I consider it more of an Aristocrat than a Rocket, so it can be one of the better deals in vintage razors. The knurling is just gorgeous.

The #58 occupies a strange space between highly desirable and salable Aristocrat and more common Rocket. Sometimes it will sell for Aristocrat prices, sometimes it sells for Rocket prices.

Personally I consider it more of an Aristocrat than a Rocket, so it can be one of the better deals in vintage razors. The knurling is just gorgeous.

Yes it is.
attachment.php

I just paid GBP 58.00 for one shipped to USA. I've noticed the ones that wouldn't ship to the USA as going a bit cheaper or it might be sour grapes on my part.. I've been trying for awhile finally gave up and won this one go figure. Should be here anyday....

Last edited:
Just a few weeks ago I saw a rocket #58 sell for £36 on ebay. It was in really good condition with case and free postage worldwide!. Just a few years ago I saw one go for £80 or thereabouts. Are vintage razors getting cheaper? Or was that just someone striking lucky?

I think it was this one.. the seller had 0 sales when he listed it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-195...PageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=BgjFnHEHTZ

and if you look the buyer cancelled..mighty fishey seller

The one I bought came in today!! Case is a might ragged but I knew that.. Razor is in fine shape, I was hoping for that, whew!! Gave it a quick bath in the ultra sonic cleaner(3 x) and a squirt of scrubbing bubbles, a quick waxing with "never-dull" and off to the bathroom for a shave.. The only time EVER that a razor came before I shaved. I'll have to go with the razor belongs in the "Aristocrat" category. While the Rocket category is nice, I've never gotten a shave like I did from the #58 from a Rocket. Right up there with the , #'s 16 and 66, at least to me anyways. Love the heft and the knurling is all that... bottom line it's a keeper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom