What's new

A good storage/display box for blades in "rotation"

Hi everyone -

I'm seeking a solution to storing and/or displaying a variety of blades that I might want to select from on a frequent basis, NOT one where I am storing dozens or hundreds of blades...

Ideally, I'd like to maybe have 5-10 different varieties of blades stored in a compact sized container (hopefully water resistant) with room for 2-3 blades of each variety...think of a larger sized pill box where I can utilize each compartment to separate my Med Prep, GSB, Voskhods, etc without having to go to my main storage each time...

Does anyone have an idea or maybe a pic of what they do as a convenient method to solve this? Not looking for anything fancy...

Thanks in advance!

The Container Store has these for $3,nice fitting clear top comes with it.

Attachments

• $xxxcf.jpg
    $xxxcf.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 175
The Container Store has these for $3,nice fitting clear top comes with it.

This is very nice...does the case have sufficient depth to hold more than one of each blade? If so, how many can be stored in each compartment?...again, thanks, this looks like a great solution - now- to find a Container Store....

I have this for blade storage :
full

For the open packs that are currently in use I'm not going fancy at all.
I'm just using a small sandwich box approx. 4x4 inch and 2 inch high, no lid and I just toss 'em all in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I store my bulk blades on a shelf in my office.

I will open a pack and dump the blades into a drawer when I run out of that particular brand then rummage round in the drawer to find what I want to shave with. When I get low (down to one or two), I will grab another pack from "storage" and drop it into the drawer where it stays until I open it and dump the blades out into the drawer with their friends. Not pretty but it works for me.

proxy.php

For the blades I have in use (yes I use several different brands of blades at a time)

I use a different razor and blade every day. I may have anywhere up to a dozen different brands of blades unwrapped at any given time

When I finish my shave, I remove the blade from the razor, drop it on a towel, fold a corner of the towel over and pat it dry. I then move the blade to one of 6 blade wrappers that are marked 1 thought 6 for the number of shaves the blade sitting on that wrapper has on it.

When I shave, I decide which razor to use, then I grab one of the unwrapped blades and shave. Once done I dry the blade and move it down to the next numbered wrapper.

This is about the only way I can keep track of how many shaves I have on a dozen open blades.

proxy.php

I use a few of these boxes. They are called "really useful boxes" and you can get them from Amazon.
I have one for my alum block as well. They stack well in my bathroom cabinet.
$box1.jpg$box2.jpg

+1 on the "really useful boxes". I got them from the local dollar store, 3/ CDN$1.25. I can get 10 packs of 5 blades into a container, and I like the fact that you can lock stacked containers together if you remove the lids.

I store my bulk blades on a shelf in my office.

I will open a pack and dump the blades into a drawer when I run out of that particular brand then rummage round in the drawer to find what I want to shave with. When I get low (down to one or two), I will grab another pack from "storage" and drop it into the drawer where it stays until I open it and dump the blades out into the drawer with their friends. Not pretty but it works for me.

proxy.php

For the blades I have in use (yes I use several different brands of blades at a time)

I use a different razor and blade every day. I may have anywhere up to a dozen different brands of blades unwrapped at any given time

When I finish my shave, I remove the blade from the razor, drop it on a towel, fold a corner of the towel over and pat it dry. I then move the blade to one of 6 blade wrappers that are marked 1 thought 6 for the number of shaves the blade sitting on that wrapper has on it.

When I shave, I decide which razor to use, then I grab one of the unwrapped blades and shave. Once done I dry the blade and move it down to the next numbered wrapper.

This is about the only way I can keep track of how many shaves I have on a dozen open blades.

proxy.php

That is brilliant. Totally brilliant.

Top Bottom