What's new

Several Mac Baren pipe tobacco blends have been discontinued.

Sadly, just heard that several Mac Baren blends have been discontinued...
HH Burley London Blend (Discontinued. Only available while supplies last.)
HH Highland Blend (Discontinued. Only available while supplies last.)
HH Mature Virginia (Discontinued. Only available while supplies last.)
Honey & Chocolate (Discontinued. Only available while supplies last.)
Navy Mixture (Discontinued. Only available while supplies last.)
Norwood (Discontinued. Only available while supplies last.)

Aloha,

Noooooo!!!!! HH Matured Virginia is one of my favorites.:ohmy: I guess I was right to stock up while I had the opportunity to. I purchased 3 ceramic containers with one pound sealed tobacco in each. I also purchased a few tins for when I travel. The tins are just about gone but I still have the vacuumed packed (my own seal around original bags) still stored in the reefer.
Guess I'm going to have to start looking for a new favorite Virginia to take it's place.

Yea more taste tests (as I like to explain it to the boss)

Mahalo,
Merry Christmas!!!

I didn't think Burley London Blend was ever an HH blend. It has been around for many decades, long before MacBaren came up with the HH blends.

I just ordered 2lb of BLB. I only recently discovered it and I really like it. It was just a nice, pleasant burley which will do quite well as a "not too complicated" smoke or if I want to blend with something else. I'm glad Golden Extra will still be around.

I just ordered 2lb of BLB. I only recently discovered it and I really like it. It was just a nice, pleasant burley which will do quite well as a "not too complicated" smoke or if I want to blend with something else. I'm glad Golden Extra will still be around.

Yeah, it seems strange they'd discontinue BLB. It has been around for a very long time. Golden Extra is similar but seems to have more sweetener. One used to be able to buy 5-pound bags of BLB at some sites. Don't know if you still can, but if you like it you may want to pick up 5 pounds and store it in some Mason jars.

Yeah, it seems strange they'd discontinue BLB. It has been around for a very long time. Golden Extra is similar but seems to have more sweetener. One used to be able to buy 5-pound bags of BLB at some sites. Don't know if you still can, but if you like it you may want to pick up 5 pounds and store it in some Mason jars.
That's the plan. I'm somewhat leery of ordering 5lb at once, as it might have some trouble getting across the border. I usually try to order about a pound at a time, which seems to be fine.

Yeah, 5 lbs. may set off a major border alarm! I notice SP is still offering it at $146 for 5 lbs., so it may be worth a try.

Top Bottom