What's new

My collection so far.

I've been here a little over a year and I started with one razor. Here is what I have so far.

$20131210_193202.jpg

$20131210_193034.jpg

Top (left to right): 1964 1st Quarter Lady Gillette *pink*, Groom Room Open Comb (aka Cadet/Razorock Jaws), Schick Krona (my Grandfather's razor), Shaving Factory Safety Razor, 1955 3rd Quarter Red Tip Superspeed.

Bottom Center: GEM (model unknown)

Not pictured I've tried some generic razors out of curiosity. A "Diane" TTO from a local barber supply, and a Weishi from Ebay. I threw them both out for obvious reasons.

Nice! I'd consider trying out a Gillette New short comb and a pre-war/British/Canadian Tech (and a GEM 1912 Junior). The same 2-3 razors that I usually recommend to pretty much any question. I'm predictable. :biggrin1:

Special congratulations on having your grandfather's Krona!

Nice collection. How do you like the shaves from the lady Gillette? And does that handle ever seem too long?

Nice! I'd consider trying out a Gillette New short comb and a pre-war/British/Canadian Tech (and a GEM 1912 Junior). The same 2-3 razors that I usually recommend to pretty much any question. I'm predictable. :biggrin1:

Special congratulations on having your grandfather's Krona!

I grew up shaving with my grandpa in the mornings. He had a shorter handled Krona that has been lost to the ages he had me shave with sans blade. My dad always used an electric...no fun to play along with. My Dad knowing I was shaving with a DE gave it to me. It means a lot to me. I had a Flare Tip SS that was in dire need of a replate I gave to a friend. It was a good shave as well. A GEM lather catcher and an adjustable are on my must have list. I also really want a toggle and a blue tip super speed.

Nice collection. How do you like the shaves from the lady Gillette? And does that handle ever seem too long?

I literally just bought it today. So, no idea. My wife has been attempting to shave with my DE's and keeps hurting herself I think she had been using the open comb because of the long handle so I snagged this one when I saw it. I will shave with it in the morning and let you guys know.

Excellent selection of razors. I admire your restraint. I am just coming up on 1 year myself and I have gone a little bit overboard. (serious case of RAD) I wish that I had some family keepsake razors like you have but they have gone missing over the years.

Excellent selection of razors. I admire your restraint. I am just coming up on 1 year myself and I have gone a little bit overboard. (serious case of RAD) I wish that I had some family keepsake razors like you have but they have gone missing over the years.

Thanks. I haven't really ordered any razor. All of these except for the GR Open Comb are local acquisitions. Buying local limits the ability to go full on RAD, BAD, etc. The GR Open Comb was a gift barber to barber from the GRMan which reminds me I need to send him a bottle of cologne. Thanks for all your responses, guys. I will have to post about my new barber chair and DIY barber pole at a later date.

Last edited:
Thats a nice looking start you have there! The bottom center Gem if no one has said anything yet is a Gem Featherweight

Congrats! That is a very nice rotation. I wish I had my grandfathers razor, you are very fortunate to have it. Treasure it my friend.

Congrats! That is a very nice rotation. I wish I had my grandfathers razor, you are very fortunate to have it. Treasure it my friend.

I do. I also have his Burma Shave brush somewhere. The knot is no longer useable, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Ah ok. I'm familiar with the location although I've never been in the shop. I'll have to get down there sometime. When are you least busy? I see that lot fill up all the time.

Monday is a good bet. It's a slow day. Don't go off the lot. Look inside. Alot of families will come in when only one of them is getting their hair cut...makes us look packed. The golf shop next door gets alot of visitors too.

Barbershops around here are closed Sunday and Monday, carry over from the old days of barber unions. I think that's why Monday is one of our busiest. We have the whole family for one haircut effect on Sunday after church.

Top Bottom