What's new

Opinions/thoughts regarding Simpson's LE - Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP

Any thoughts on this particular Simpson, Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP? How does this 2 band silvertip equate to Manchurian or is it comparable? Don't see 'normal' 2 banded hair from Simpsons that often as its really the Best/Super grades are the ones that gets all the discussion.
Has anyone any experience with 2 banded SiLVERTiP? Or this is just something to be unique in the vast sea of badger we have available.

Also anyone know why they chose to use this spelling on the brush as in a prior thread I thought this was used to identified custom ordered brush, which I didn't think would be available to general population. (could be more of a marketing question to Simpsons)

Its reads to be a big brush from the published characteristics .. knot of 27.5

pic from their site below

$twobandch2.jpg

Overall Brush Height: 94 mm
Loft Height: 48mm
Knot Diameter: 27.5mm

I think this is just a relabeling of their 2-band Super grade. I am not 100% positive but I did read that somewhere. I forget where though.

This is just gleaned from reading over posts and I'm sure a more knowledgeable Simpson aficionado can correct me, but:

Two-band hair has become much harder to source (whether its just for now or going forward, I don't know). New two-band Simpsons are no longer available through retailers, but only through Simpson's site as "Silvertip" (or "SiLVERTiP"). Traditionally, since the Vulfix takeover in 2008, there has been no distinction in labeling between super and two-band as both were labelled "Super." I don't know the reasons as to why Simpson's has decided to only have them available through their site. My impression is that since the sourcing of two-band has become spottier they cannot anticipate being able to supply retailers consistently and so they sell the two-band/"Silvertip" as limited editions through them. As for why the "i"s are lower-case, I have no idea.

Interesting bit of info, didn't realize Two-band was/is harder to source, these aspects you never really pay it any attention till the pricing is like 200GBP and your trying to figure out why... just noticed the brush is now out of stock from this weekend when I saw it was available.

Yep. Gone. I snoozed. Mark mentioned that they should have some more in the spring time.

I would think that with the Chubby being their flagship brush (IMO) they would have them in stock more often. Maybe the 2-band is difficult for them to source as jpakstis mentioned.

I would think that with the Chubby being their flagship brush (IMO) they would have them in stock more often. Maybe the 2-band is difficult for them to source as jpakstis mentioned.

That's what Mark Watterson mentioned on another forum. But I don't want to turn this into a bank run - he mentioned that its difficult at this moment to source. No discussion about if its a just a blip or something more long-term.

Thanks... if anyone out there has tried the Two Banded Silvertips and can compare them to the Manchurian that would be interesting to hear.
Thanks all for filling in some details on this type of hair!

Top Bottom