What's new

What have I got here ?

Hi everybody,

I recently acquired a few vintage straights and am looking for your knowledge in possibly identifying one of them:001_smile

$P1010181_fin_small.jpg

I think the blade shape is somewhat uncommon for a solingen blade, there are some tang marks, but I can't really identify these:

$P1010180_fin-small.jpg

I can identify "GEBR. CR?" and "HAAN-SOLINGEN"
$P1010182_fin_small.jpg

This stamp seems to be partially worn away - I think I can see a bird (hen ?) on the left and maybe part(s) of another bird on the right - and I'm sure I have seen this stamp before somewhere...

So I'm hoping for the collective knowledge of the "swarm intelligence" to give me any hints:001_smile

br,

T°M

Gebrüder Cremer, Solingen-Haan. My best guess based on the information I see. Other similar companies in the city of haan, possibly apprentices or several guys working in the same shop stamping their own work... Gebruders seem to be mostly 1930ish.

I can't get too much more info...

Last edited:
Gebrüder Cremer, Solingen-Haan. My best guess based on the information I see. Other similar companies in the city of haan, possibly apprentices or several guys working in the same shop stamping their own work... Gebruders seem to be mostly 1930ish.

I can't get too much more info...

Thanks a lot, it seems you nailed it - I have started to clean it up and now I can identify the makers stamp as "GEBR CR?MER" :=)

br,
T°M

Top Bottom