What's new

Early birthday present

I have been given a Dunhill Pipe as an early birthday present from my wife. I'm a blessed man in so many regards.

It it is a County pipe, very nice fit and finish. I'm curious about the box and what came in it though. The box is not marked Dunhill anywhere, but is labeled "The White Spot." Also, the pipe bag in the box is a dealer pipe bag. I've seen pictures of a few Dunhill pipes that appear to have a leather pipe bag. Do all Dunhill pipes come with the same bag, or does it vary?

Is all as it should be, or did I get shorted something?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Nice pipe. I have no idea about the box or the sock since I've never bought a new Dunhill.

More than once I've gotten a pipe where the model listed on the outside of the box is different than what was inside, however I did get the correct pipe. I have a sneaking suspicion the employees in pipe shops like to dress them up and play with them after hours, or just roll around with them on the floor, and they may not always make it back to their correct home.

Nice pipe. I have no idea about the box or the sock since I've never bought a new Dunhill.

More than once I've gotten a pipe where the model listed on the outside of the box is different than what was inside, however I did get the correct pipe. I have a sneaking suspicion the employees in pipe shops like to dress them up and play with them after hours, or just roll around with them on the floor, and they may not always make it back to their correct home.

It s a great pipe. I've had my eye on it for a little while and finally broke down and let my wife know I didn't want to let this one get away. It is a bit early in my pipe experience to smoke this one, I think I'll wait a bit before trying it. The Dunhill has a nice feel in the hand and it's light for its size I think, at least compared to the few other pipes I've had.

I suspect you are correct about pipe shop employees. One of my Peterson pipes came in the wrong box. No big deal, but with the Dunhill I think it's a bigger deal if it's not correct, at least with the sock. Maybe I'm picky that way.

not too sure about this either since I've never owned a dunhill pipe. But I believe the white spot is actually the logo name that is used for dunhill pipes. as for the sock, I have no idea...

either way though...very nice pipe you have there sir

The White Spot is the name of the Dunhill smoking division. Dunhill pipes are not called Dunhill anymore but rather The White Spot. This has to do with Dunhill as a brand trying to distance themselves from anything smoking related. You got the right bag mate don't worry. The picture doesn't show up but I am sure it is a lovely pipe.

I don't know much about Dunhill, but I do know that is a lovely pipe and your wife is a keeper. :001_smile

Thank you. The pipe is probably the nicest personal item I have ever owned. The other pipes I have bought are nice but much less expensive. Purchases like this are few and far between but it's a BIG birthday and I wanted something special to mark the occasion. Somehow I've managed to survive the stupidity of my youth and the vanity of the passing years. Small part luck, big part Devine intervention I'd say.

My my wife is the greatest!

Top Bottom