What's new

Shaving Mugs and bowls

Can any one explain the difference in the different designs of the bowls and mugs? I see some with lines in the bottom and some smooth. Some have trays for the soap and so forth many different types. Can some one help me understand why the deference and which ones are better for soaps.

A lot of it comes down to personal preference. I think it's fair to say that it's generally good to have some texture on the bottom surface of a mug/bowl/scuttle as opposed to a pure, smooth glaze… this helps a lot with lather generation. Aside from that, I really don't think that the specific pattern or type of texture makes any significant difference.

Everyone will have their own opinion, but I really love the products that Julie makes at Dirty Bird Pottery. Her work is truly top notch, and you won't be sorry if you ask her to make you a piece.

- Badger Bill

A lot of it comes down to personal preference. I think it's fair to say that it's generally good to have some texture on the bottom surface of a mug/bowl/scuttle as opposed to a pure, smooth glaze… this helps a lot with lather generation. Aside from that, I really don't think that the specific pattern or type of texture makes any significant difference.

Everyone will have their own opinion, but I really love the products that Julie makes at Dirty Bird Pottery. Her work is truly top notch, and you won't be sorry if you ask her to make you a piece.

- Badger Bill

+1. I have 2 smooth glazed bowls and create a great lather. Shortly I will be receiving a scuttle that is ribbed(?) so I will have both types. As with most things it is all about personal preference.

Top Bottom