What's new

What are the top 3 choices for AS in terms of over all value and quality?

Clubman original and SR.

Aqua Velva Mush and or Ice Blue.

A little steeper in price but any thing Captains Choice.

Third cheap and good would be Skinbracer...an old classic and works very well.

I use four aftershaves which are Clubman, Lucky Tiger Aspen, LT Aftershave and Face Tonic and all three versions of the Aubrey Organics Balms.

In terms of high value (high performance at a low price point), it is hard to beat:

Splashes -
Pinaud Clubman
Aqua Velva
RazoRock Baby Blue

Balms -
Nivea Sensitive
Razorock Balm (any scent)
Proraso ASB (any scent)

I was recommended Nivea Sensitive Balm by a ton of people here a while back. It seems to work great with a very neutral yet refreshing scent. I recently purchased some Pinaud Clubman. It smells great but I will be cutting it with some witch hazel to dial the scent back a little. It also seems to work great. I have a choice between alcohol and a balm.

If you think they'd prefer a more modern scent, Gilette Cool Wave is good too. This board turned me on to it. Don't let the Gilette name or the low price scare you away.

Three brands of AS:
1st Pinaud Clubman (Classic, Musk, Lime Sec your choice all are great)
2nd Aqua Velva
3rd Captain Choice (again all are great)

I really think both Krampert's Bay Rum and Frostbite fill the bill. Great conditioning from both too.

Another lower priced value aftershave with a great scent is the Barbon from Hungary available from Shaveabuck.com.

Clubman original and SR.

Aqua Velva Mush and or Ice Blue.

A little steeper in price but any thing Captains Choice.

Third cheap and good would be Skinbracer...an old classic and works very well.

It's hard to beat AV. Alcohol, water, glycerin, fragrence, menthol all on the cheap.

The AV and Nivea Sensitive balm are great IMO. I'm also a Stetson man

Old Spice
Aqua Velva
Then a tie with Speick, Captain's Choice, Krampert's

In terms of high value (high performance at a low price point), it is hard to beat:

Splashes -
Pinaud Clubman
Aqua Velva
RazoRock Baby Blue

Balms -
Nivea Sensitive
Razorock Balm (any scent)
Proraso ASB (any scent)

Best performer- Speick

Bedt values- AV Ice Blue, Barbasol Pacific Rush, Skin Bracer

Three brands of AS:
1st Pinaud Clubman (Classic, Musk, Lime Sec your choice all are great)
2nd Aqua Velva
3rd Captain Choice (again all are great)

Anything from St. Charles Shave products
Family Dollar Spice $1.69
Aqua Velva

OK, so far i see from the experts a pattern of Aqua Velva as fave....what is the appeal of this particular AS?

I really think both Krampert's Bay Rum and Frostbite fill the bill. Great conditioning from both too.

Another lower priced value aftershave with a great scent is the Barbon from Hungary available from Shaveabuck.com.

Are they made in Hungary?

Top Bottom