What's new

Anyone else still enjoy 80's colognes?

I still have half filled bottles from the eighties, all bought by me IN the eighties. Obsession, Polo, Eternity, Drakkar, I Could go on. I guess I am just not a cologne type of guy.

I remember a cologne from the 80's called "Colors" by Benneton. I just did a search and apparently they still offer it!

Frank

Was never a fan of these overly pungent eau de toilette. I do not want to smell you before I see you. :eek:

Fine colognes dissipate, cheap colognes linger. (Of course some of these were not inexpensive.)

Was never a fan of these overly pungent eau de toilette. I do not want to smell you before I see you.
+1 ... I have a manager at work that wears something I can smell from 10 feet away. Even when I walk down a hallway with her nowhere in sight, I can tell that she's been there recently. I'm not sure what brand it is, kind of a BayRum variation, but whatever it is, she wears far too much of it.

Just used my Bijan for the 1st time last night and really like this cologne. In fact I liked it so much that I used it again today. Never knew about this cologne until I read about it on this forum. Looked up the descriprion and put it on my to get list. Glad I bought some. It's a great fall scent for up here in the Puget Sound.

I remember a cologne from the 80's called "Colors" by Benneton. I just did a search and apparently they still offer it!

Frank

I was crazy for it during my Senior year in high school. Tried a sample a week ago. Either my taste has changed or they reformulated it because it doesn't smell the same and I didn't like it.

My favorite monsters of the 80's

Antaeus Chanel
Korous YSL

Not from the 80's but smell like it came from that time period, Mr. Blass.

I love 80's frags. Some of my favorites are
Bogart ph
Jazz
Georgio for men
Caron's Third Man
Halston I-12
Givenchy Gentleman (I think is 80's)

These are ones I have in my collection and wear in cooler weather.

When I think of 80's scents the first thing that comes to my mind it New West. I never had it but I read GQ magazine on occasion back then and it was drenched in the stuff with those pull-out advertisements. YUK.

The next things that comes to mind are items I didn't own but knew of and which conjure memories of the time: Polo green (even though it's actually from the 70's, I believe), Drakkar Noir, Fahrenheit, Dunhill Edition (I used this), Polo Crest (friend had it). I was in high school at the time and really didn't wear scent except for at a dance on occasion so I don't really have any attachment for any of these other than nostalgia of the times (I own a bottle of Polo green but rarely wear it).

I wish it were the 80's (not scent wise, though), we'd all be doing a h*ll of a lot better.

Chris

I have a stash of One Man Show!

One Man Show
by Jacques Bogart is a Chypre fragrance for men. One Man Show was launched in 1980. The nose behind this fragrance is Roger Pellegrino. Top notes are artemisia, caraway, galbanum, basil, bergamot and brazilian rosewood; middle notes are labdanum, nutmeg, spices, carnation, patchouli, jasmine, vetiver, rose, pine tree needles and geranium; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, coconut, vanilla, oakmoss, cedar and styrax.

Nice thread! Yeah, Obsession and Drakkar were really popular in the late 80's. I also wore Timberline, Grey Flannel and Polo.

Givenchy Xeryus was my favorite for the entirety of its original run. I'm not as big a fan of its more recent reformulation.

Top Bottom