What's new

Old Spice- when was it changed to the new formula?

I'm no expert here, and would like more info myself, but from what I've gathered, the acquisition by P&G is when the new formula started....like I said, it's highly possible this is inaccurate, but it's my working theory until someone wiser enlightens us.....

P&G bought Shulton back in 1990 but I'm not sure when the scent was suposedly changed slightly. The logo was changed to the yacht/sailboat in 1992.

I'll miss the glass bottle. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the flea markets for the older ones and refill when needed.

I don't know when the formula was changed but I do know the original Shulton scent is again available in stores in the US.

The P&G scented Old Spice is in the glass bottle with a gray stopper and labelled as "Original".

The true original Shulton scent is available in plastic bottles with a red stopper and labelled as "Classic".

I bought a bottle of the Classic AS splash yesterday in the local Target. They also had the cologne in classic scent. They were sitting next to the "Original" scented colognes and after shaves.

I don't know when the formula was changed but I do know the original Shulton scent is again available in stores in the US.

The P&G scented Old Spice is in the glass bottle with a gray stopper and labelled as "Original".

The true original Shulton scent is available in plastic bottles with a red stopper and labelled as "Classic".

I bought a bottle of the Classic AS splash yesterday in the local Target. They also had the cologne in classic scent. They were sitting next to the "Original" scented colognes and after shaves.

So you're saying that the "Classic" is the original scent and the "Original" is the new scent? :001_huh:

Al

Which brings up another question--- My local Hell-mart has one labelled "Fresh Scent" What the heck does Fresh smell like? :online2long:

I've been googleing the whitewater scent, can only find it across the pond, trying to find it in the states, curious if it's the same as the "fresh" scent we have here

The Fresh and Pure Sport A/S have been around for a while, and there are matching deodorants and body washes to match.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So you're saying that the "Classic" is the original scent and the "Original" is the new scent? :001_huh:

Al
Just remember 'best' badger is super, but 'super' badger is actually the best.
Which brings up another question--- My local Hell-mart has one labelled "Fresh Scent" What the heck does Fresh smell like? :online2long:

given what we've seen so far, I'll bet it smells like something, but not 'fresh'! :001_huh:

There's no difference between the scents, however, what has changed is the fact that P&G does not use any type of hydrogenated oil for the 'Classic' fragrance which now comes as "Original".
The bottle I bought said "Classic" on the box, but on the bottle it says "Original". The only thing P&G are responsible for are the new fragrances by old spice and the new line of body wash, deodorant, etc. There's no difference between Shulton Old Spice and Glass bottled P&G version because Shulton formula was still used for P&G. If anyone has better knowledge on this let me know. If you notice the ingredients list of Pure Sport, it will be different than the "original" scent.
The only difference between the glass bottled and plastic bottled versions is just glass and plastic, the scent is the same. Just get yourself a glass bottle, and re-fill it if you like it kept in glass. I find that the fragrance is better preserved in glass bottles than in plastic. Which may be the reason why some of us think that the "new" formula is different when it is really the same thing.

There's no difference between the scents, however, what has changed is the fact that P&G does not use any type of hydrogenated oil for the 'Classic' fragrance which now comes as "Original".

I believe there is a difference in scent. The "Classic" seems to have a more powdery scent to me.

The bottle I bought said "Classic" on the box, but on the bottle it says "Original".

You bought a mis-packaged product.

Top Bottom